Rod Beard The Detroit News
Published 1:17 p.m. UTC Jun 5, 2018
The Detroit Pistons’ search for a new coach could be coming down to the final stages.
After being linked to several candidates, including Heat assistant Juwan Howard, TNT analyst Kenny Smith, former Piston Jerry Stackhouse and others, they appear to be down to their finalists.
According to ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski, the Pistons are focusing on former Raptors coach Dwane Casey and Michigan coach John Beilein.
“Detroit is interested in further conversations with former Toronto coach Dwane Casey and Michigan coach John Beilein on Pistons head coaching job,” Wojnarowski wrote on Twitter, citing league sources. “Both coaches have met with front office already.”
Pistons senior adviser Ed Stefanski is in charge of the hiring process and after meeting with both Beilein and Casey last week, they could be reaching the final stages of their search.
Beilein, 65, is under contract with Michigan through 2021, at $3.4 million per season, but he could be looking for a bigger challenge, after leading the Wolverines to the national championship game last season.
Casey, 61, led the Raptors to a 59-23 record, the best finish in franchise history, but after being swept by the Cavaliers, Casey was fired.
More: Beard: There’s plenty for Pistons to like in John Beilein
- Huffington Leaves Post to Focus on Health Startup
- Virtual Reality a Sports Training Game Changer
- Wilson’s new smart basketball never met Tom Hanks, but it turns jumpshot training into a game
- For Palestinians In And Out Of Refugee Camps, Al Wihdat Is More Than A Soccer Team
- Saturday Crapshoot: Wing Commander Academy
- The most important off-season shuffles in League of Legends history
- FIFA 17 - the football game where you're better off letting the AI defend for you
- In-Depth: EA Touts Core Franchises, Social Features Across The Board
- Assassin’s Creed Syndicate Review: Undoubtedly a Fun Filled Journey
- OPINION RIP Android: Google Loses Its Steve Jobs
- Football Manager 2014
- OPINION Killing Tesla Slowly: Horse vs. Gas vs. Electric and 1 Foolish CEO
- OPINION Forecast '06: Major Tech Trends and Companies to Watch
- The anatomy of hype: how No Man’s Sky became the best and worst game ever
- OPINION IBM and Apple: Why We Love Monopolies and Then Kill Them
- hESCs Useful for Treating Eye Diseases
- OPINION Sales Tech's Forgotten Byproduct: Employee Happiness
- Xbox Originals premium TV lineup announced, Microsoft eyes Gears of War and Fable
Report: Pistons focusing on Beilein, Casey for head coach have 386 words, post on eu.detroitnews.com at June 3, 2018. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.