KARACHI: The Sindh High Court (SHC) on Friday sought response from the provincial home secretary over a petition challenging the declaration of Rao Anwar’s house a sub-jail.
On Friday, the court heard a petition filed by Naqeebullah’s father Khan Muhammad, through his counsel Faisal Siddiqui. The petition challenged the declaration of Anwar’s house a sub-jail.
The victim’s father claimed that the Sindh government was favouring Rao Anwar by declaring his house a sub-jail. Khan Muhammad declared the move illegal and demanded that Anwar be shifted to a proper prison.
Sindh Home Minister Suhail Anwar Siyal had declared Anwar’s house a sub jail citing security threats to the suspended SSP in other prisons. A notification declaring Rao Anwar’s house as a sub-jail was also issued by home secretary Shahid Pervez.
During the hearing, court asked the home secretary why Rao Anwar was put in a sub jail.
The provincial home secretary sought time to submit a written response to the petition.
The court adjourned the hearing till June 20, stating that a decision would be made on available records if a written response was not submitted at the next hearing.
Published in Daily Times, June 9th 2018.
- Homeland Security Chief Spars With Democrats Over Splitting Migrant Families
- Sir Trevor McDonald: ‘The Fred West case is the worst I’ve covered – and there could be 20 more victims’
- ‘We Are Women Who Came of Age Before Roe v. Wade’
- Proud to be Malaysian
- A Cog in the College Admissions Scandal Speaks Out
- A Race Against Time to Excavate an Ancient African Civilization
- UK local elections 2016: Labour are 'not credible' under Jeremy Corbyn says shadow minister - but he refuses to resign
- Coronavirus map LIVE: 33 more people dead in the UK as death toll surges to 177
- England fail to capitalise after Alastair Cook's double hundred leaves West Indies with a mountain to climb
- Director of M.I.T.’s Media Lab Resigns After Taking Money From Jeffrey Epstein
- California’s Recall Election Today: The Most Important Things To Know
- The Party That Wants to Make Poland Great Again
- Insulate Britain: Injunction granted against M25 protesters
Rao Anwar’s house made sub-jail: SHC seeks reply from home secy have 346 words, post on dailytimes.com.pk at June 9, 2018. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.