KANSAS CITY, Mo. — Three people are dead after a pair of officer-involved shootings in Kansas City on Thursday, reports CBS affiliate KCTV. All of the officers involved in the shootings are on paid leave as each incident is investigated. The first shooting involved a woman with a sword who police say barricaded herself inside the shed of a Northland home she had broken into. Police Capt. Lionel Colón said he doesn’t know if the woman was armed when she was killed and that he hopes to have information about whether a sword was found at the scene later Friday. He also said he doesn’t know if the woman had left the shed or was still inside when she was shot. The woman’s name hasn’t been released. Officers say the standoff began at about 1:18 p.m. at a home near Russell Road and Jackson Avenue. Police surrounded the shed and placed a nearby day care on lockdown as a precaution. Negotiators reportedly tried to get the woman to drop the weapon and come out safely but she refused. “Often times we are faced with a lethal force situation, which is unfortunately how this ended,” said Colon. “We had to take action… Read full this story
- ‘No Excuse’: Fellow Officers Condemn Police Shooting of Fort Worth Woman
- Trimming The Budget At North Kansas City Schools - Good News
- Keeping Reverse Mortgage Costs Down in Kansas City Missouri
- Blue Springs Of Kansas City, Missouri - A Popular Location
- Takeover of Kansas City Schools?
- Seniors in Kansas City - Is Paying Off Your Home Still a Sign of Success?
- Bonding Family Ties in Kansas City Vacation
- Home Equity Growth Guaranteed With Reverse Mortgages in Kansas City, Missouri
- 2008 Kansas City Chiefs Draft Report
- 2008 Kansas City Chiefs Outlook
Pair of police shootings leave 3 dead in Kansas City have 300 words, post on www.cbsnews.com at June 15, 2018. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.