More: Olympics U.S. steeplechase stars reunite at Oslo Diamond League; stream info Double amputee runs 400m time that would have made U.S. Olympic team Kaetlyn Osmond, world figure skating champion, to skip Grand Prix season Novak Djokovic was upset by the lowest-ranked man to reach a Grand Slam semifinal in a decade, while Sloane Stephens and Madison Keys set up an all-American semifinal at the French Open on Tuesday. Djokovic, who held all four Grand Slam titles two years ago but is now ranked No. 22, fell to Italian Marco Cecchinato 6-3, 7-6 (4), 1-6, 7-6 (11) in the quarterfinals at Roland Garros. Cecchinato, ranked No. 72, became the first man to go into a Grand Slam with no wins at any Slam and reach the semifinals since Dutch Cinderfella Martin Verkerk made the 2003 French Open final. He’s also the first Italian man to reach a Grand Slam singles semifinal in 40 years. Earlier Tuesday, Stephens and Keys won their quarterfinals to ensure an American will make Saturday’s women’s final. The friends meet for the first time since the 2017 U.S. Open final won by Stephens. The 10th seed Stephens swept No. 14 Daria Kasatkina 6-3, 6-1, while Keys beat unseeded Yulia Putintseva of Kazakhstan 7-6 (5), 6-4. It’s the first French Open semifinal for… Read full this story
- Pundits accuse French Open bosses of favouring Novak Djokovic with bizarre semi-final postponement
- Dominic Thiem edges Novak Djokovic in epic to reach French Open 2019 final against Rafael Nadal
- Novak Djokovic puts on a rare loved-up display with his wife Jelena as they enjoy a family day at the beach with their children in Marbella
- World No 1 Novak Djokovic waves at fans from his quarantine balcony as he prepares for the Australian Open
- Kyle Edmund selected to play alongside Roger Federer and Novak Djokovic for Europe in Laver Cup
- Novak Djokovic comes through Australian Open warm-up events and says: 'I'm smiling inside and outside'
- Wimbledon 2019 order of play day one: match timetable, weather forecast and TV details as Novak Djokovic begins defence
- Johanna Konta and Kyle Edmund prepare to try to reverse British trend of falling short on French Open clay
- Novak Djokovic issues extraordinary list of demands for 72 players forced into hard quarantine including moving stars to private houses with tennis courts as Australian Open descends into chaos
- 72 Australian Open players in lockdown; Novak Djokovic reportedly proposes changes
Novak Djokovic upset at French Open; all-American women’s semifinal set have 396 words, post on olympics.nbcsports.com at June 5, 2018. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.