Sheriff’s office adds extra road patrols in January
FREMONT - The Sandusky County Sheriff’s Office will have extra patrol during January. Overtime shifts will be scheduled in an attempt to promote safety among drivers, as well as draw awareness to other traffic on the roadways during the New Year Holiday Season.
The deputies assigned to the overtime duties will work different shifts in January and will enforce all traffic laws, with emphasis on impaired driving, speed enforcement, seat belt violations and distracted driving.
The overtime is part of a grant received by the Sandusky County Sheriff’s Office from the Ohio Office of Criminal Justice Services Traffic Safety Section.
Humane Society plans annual meeting
PORT CLINTON – The Humane Society of Ottawa County will hold its annual meeting on Wednesday, January 2, at 7 p.m. in the Ida Rupp Public Library, 310 Madison St., Port Clinton. A general election will be held. Three incumbent board of directors members are running for reelection: Martin Mortus, Lara Bischoff and Sue Sradeja.
Members of the Humane Society of Ottawa County are encouraged to attend and vote. Members include anyone who adopted a pet from the shelter in 2018; anyone who volunteers at the shelter on a regular basis; employees of the Humane Society of Ottawa County, and anyone who donated to the Humane Society of Ottawa County in 2018.
VFW to host Chicken Dinner
FREMONT – Fremont VFW Post 2947 on Bidwell Avenue will be hosting a chicken dinner on Friday from 5 to 7 p.m. The cost is $9. The meal is open to the public.
Games, story time set at Oak Harbor library
OAK HARBOR – Come play euchre at the Oak Harbor Public Library at 6 p.m. Tuesday, January 8.
One Size Fits All Story Time will be Wednesdays at 11:30 a.m.
The Local History Museum at the Oak Harbor Public Library is open every Thursday from 9:30 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Learn to play Mah Jongg at the Oak Harbor Public Library, with a series of classes starting on Thursday, January 10 at 3 p.m. The class will meet on January 17, 24 and 31, so you can learn the ancient game of Mah Jongg. This game is not the same as what you might play on your computer or phone but takes skill, strategy and calculation. Adults are welcome to come learn.
- Extra police patrols help deter planned fight in Whittlesey
- Ex-Slits guitarist angered by office plan
- Police issue warning as numbers killed on roads this year climb
- A developer, a farmer, a council & cash: Golf club plans tension
- Mobile post office a huge boost for elderly residents
- Illegal rave broken up by off-road bikers in Stanley
- Fury at plan for 6,800 new homes
- Hundreds sign petition against plans for a new McDonald's
- Fire breaks out in Union Street, police close road
- The dreadful drivers caught recently on our roads
- Schools out: The roads to avoid as summer holiday getaway begins
- Anfield locals' fears over LFCl's stadium expansion plans
- CCFC transfer news: Liverpool loan link addressed
- CCFC transfer news: Free agent from Villa linked
- Met Office hour-by-hour weekend storm forecast
- Road deaths involving police at highest for a decade
- CCTV car sent out on school patrol to catch bad parent parkers
- Post offices across Bristol could be transformed into a new bank
- Traffic fears over flats plan for ex-council offices
- LONGER READ: Claims road can’t cope with increase in traffic
News Briefs: Sheriff's office plans extra road patrols in January have 541 words, post on www.thenews-messenger.com at June 20, 2018. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.