We’re a nation of hoarders, it’s a fact, and there’s no denying it. So much so that we’re sitting on £13billion worth of unwanted mobile phones according to SellMyMobile and at least £572 each in untouched clothing, according to VoucherCodes – that’s more than 365 million dresses, coats and blouses, abandoned. But it doesn’t have to be that way. A good declutter can not only free your home – but your mind, too – giving you some much needed breathing space to start the New Year afresh. And even better, you may be able to make some cash out of all of those Cosmo magazines you have stashed, even your old CDs could be worth a few bob, along with that Sex and the City boxset and retro Ice cream maker under the stairs. 1. Take the 30-day minimalism challenge If the idea of tackling that pile/room/empty storage unit of clutter fills you with dread, you may want to break down the chore, into easier, more tangible steps. On day one throw out, sell, donate or recycle an item. On day two, two items. On day three, three items, and so on. After 30 days, you'll have removed 564 items…. Read full this story
- 5 Simple Hacks For A Less Stressed Life
- 10 Best Tips For Your First Waxing Session
- Holi 2020: Best tips to protect your skin and hair from colours
- 19 Best Teas For Reducing Stress And Anxiety
- From yoga to CrossFit: the 10 best online home workouts
- Extreme loneliness or the perfect balance? How to work from home and stay healthy
- Connecticut Homeowners: 8 Water-Saving Renovation Tips
- Our 10 best cream recipes
- Explained: What is 'whole life' term insurance?
- Home workers reveal their tips for office employees who find themselves remote working because of coronavirus - including making a 'cat proof' barrier across your keyboard
How to declutter: best tips to clear your home and lower the stress in your life have 297 words, post on www.mirror.co.uk at June 14, 2018. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.