RAWALPINDI: The Lahore High Court (LHC) Rawalpindi bench Friday adjourned the hearing of contempt of court petition against former prime minister Shahid Khaqan Abassi till July 3.
As hearing started, LHC Justice Tariq Abbasi asked the petitioner to provide documentary evidences including media interview and newspaper clips on July 2 for preceding the case.
A citizen Riaz Anjum has filed a petition against former Prime Minister on Thursday, accusing him of committing contempt of court by using derogatory language on electronic media against an Appellate Election Tribunal (AET) of the Lahore High Court Rawalpindi Bench Judge Ibad U Rehman Lodhi.
Earlier on June 27, an AET of the Lahore High Court Rawalpindi Bench disqualified former premier Shahid Khaqan Abbasi from contesting general elections 2018 on NA-57 Murree seat.
Justice Lodhi, in his written order, noted that the former premier Abbasi was “guilty of concealment of facts and withholding of the complete information from his voters.” The tribunal while declaring him not ‘Sadiq’ and ‘Ameen’, stated that Abbasi was “not a qualified person to be elected or chosen as a member of majlis-e-shoora (parliament) within the meaning of Article 62(1) (f) of the Constitution of Pakistan.”
Copyright APP (Associated Press of Pakistan), 2018
- Blackbuck case: Salman Khan's hearing adjourned to July 17, lawyer said he needs more time
- Non-bailable warrant against dy collector for remaining absent from court hearings
- Gujarat Riots Case: SC to hear Zakia Jafri's plea on April 14
- Supreme Court orders demolition of illegal buildings on government land in Karachi
- ATC adjourns two cases against Hafiz Saeed till February 18
- SC to hear Zakia Jafri's application on April 14
- Pakistan court defers verdict against Mumbai attack mastermind Hafiz Saeed
- Court issues fresh bench warrant against actress, Monalisa Coker, over tax evasion
- Nirbhaya case: Delhi court adjourns hearing on issuing fresh death warrants against four convicts
- Nirbhaya convicts to be hanged together, not separately: High Court
- Court remands ex-policeman for shooting friend to death
- New bench formed to hear Maryam Nawaz's bail petition
- Supreme Court refuses to stay HC order on reservation to Marathas; matter to be heard on Mar 17
- Harvey Weinstein jokes that jurors were looking 'at Playboy' after naked pictures of the disgraced mogul were shown in court following rape accuser Jessica Mann's explosive testimony that he looked like a burns victim with no testicles
- Couple accused of killing adopted child in Gujarat discharged by London High Court
- Pakistan: Lahore court accepts Hafiz Saeed's plea to club all six terror financing cases
- Pak court defers verdict against Mumbai attack mastermind Hafiz Saeed
- Pakistan court defers verdict on Hafiz Saeed
- Dasukigate: Court rules on FG’s fresh application for witnesses’ protection March 1
- Court extends Hamza’s remand
Abassi’s contempt of court hearing adjourned till July 3 have 425 words, post on www.brecorder.com at June 29, 2018. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.