Argos is one of the leading retailers in the UK, and the first place that many of us think of when we need to buy life’s essentials.
The catalogue shop is a high street favourite thanks to its competitive prices and special offers on everything from technology to homewares to jewellery.
It’s also popular for kid’s products, ranging from toys and games to baby and nursery items.
But there’s a few things that you should keep in mind before heading to the checkout – whether that’s online or in store.
We’ve covered the top tips and tricks that will help you become the savviest shopper at Argos.
From Fast Track ordering to cashback hacks, here’s everything you need to know before shopping with the catalogue retailer.
Shopping in Leicester
1. Order with Fast Track
Don’t just walk into Argos, order off a screen and wait around for your product to be ready – make use of their Fast Track service, which allows customers to reserve thousands of products ready for pick up.
Simply look for items with the Fast Track badge, order for collection via the website or app, and Argos will hold your item for seven days.
Best of all, it’s completely free.
Items with a Fast Track badge can also be delivered to your address on the same day for £3.95, if you order before 6pm.
2. But get large items delivered
Some large items from Argos will have to be delivered to your home if they are too large to be picked up in store.
There are different levels of pricing depending on the item and how soon you want it delivered.
Delivery for furniture items that require more than one person to carry it (like a sofa) starts from £6.95 for standard, rising to £24.99 for next day delivery with your choice of delivery slot.
Large kitchen appliances benefit from free standard delivery, and prices start from £8.95 for next day delivery.
Argos will helpfully text you with a two hour delivery window the evening before your item is due to be delivered.
Their delivery drivers can even help get your item into the room of your choice, and can even take away and recycle your old appliance. Handy!
3. Shop at your local Sainsbury’s
Did you know that there are now a number of Argos kiosks in Sainsbury’s supermarkets?
That means you can now pick up your orders at the same time as your weekly shop, saving you an additional trip.
Argos is now open in Sainsbury’s Leicester North (Melton Road), Wigston, Glen Road and Hinckley.
4. Check for voucher codes before you shop
While Argos does offer competitive pricing across their entire range, it can be worth checking if your item is eligible for any extra discounts.
So head to the Argos Voucher Codes page to check if there’s an offer on what you want before you shop.
Check whenever you shop, as Argos refreshes their deals regularly.
5. Shop the Simple Value range
For great prices on everyday items, make sure you check out the Argos Simple Value range.
It’s also a popular range for students going off to university, meaning that many of them will often turn up at their first flat with the same £5 kettle.
Look out for the red and white branding while you browse, or shop direct from the Simple Value page.
6. Get the Argos Card
If you shop at Argos regularly, it might make sense to apply for an Argos Card.
Credit plans range from three to 12 months, so you can spread the cost of bigger purchases.
Click here to find out more about applying for the card.
7. Browse the clearance section
Did you know that Argos has a clearance section?
Huge savings can be found across all departments including tech, homewares, toys and even jewellery.
Look out for the yellow Clearance button in the top right corner of the homepage, or click here to shop the department direct.
8. Get cashback
Aside from Argos sales and vouchers, there’s another way you could save with the retailer.
Online cashback site Quidco lists Argos as one of their partners, which means a handy bit of cash back in your pocket.
It’s free to join – just shop through the Quidco link, they’ll track your purchase and you’ll earn a cash reward.
The site is currently offering up to 6% cashback on Argos purchases, which could be something to keep in mind if you have a larger item to buy.
9. Save big purchases for Black Friday
Black Friday has officially taken off in the UK – and Argos is one of the best places to shop during the event.
Last year, Argos hosted a 14-day sale featuring thousands of products from big hitters like Xbox, PS4, Dyson and Phillips.
Note down any big ticket items that need replacing throughout the year, then keep an eye on Argos’ Black Friday page during November to secure a bargain.
- Shh! Anti-agers no one but you need know about: How can I cut my own fringe without regretting it?
- Shh! Anti-agers no one but you need know about: Can I get a midlife makeover online?
- Preparing for competitive exam? check out some tips & tricks here
- Spa experts open up on the beauty tips you need to keep in mind while in quarantine
- Seven shopping rules you need to know for B&Q and Homebase including no returns in-stores and maximum number of shoppers
- Lemon-Aid newsletter - all the tips parents need to help them cope in lockdown
- Argos slash the price of Samsung 4K TVs with these discount codes in online sale
- Which shops ARE open today? From B&M to Poundland, here’s the full list
- Never 'upspeak' and ditch the filler words: Voice coach reveals her tips and tricks to help you sound more confident when you're public speaking
- Get your viewing habits in check and save on your TV bill with our cash-saving tips
- 10 useful Zoom tips and tricks you’re not using yet
- Savvy mum reveals how to make your food shopping last during lockdown - including bulking out meat with vegetables to make THREE different dinners and wrapping leafy green vegetables in kitchen roll
- Tips On How You Can Feel Inspired
- Stuck at home? Here are some Netflix hacks that you should know about
- What you need to know about coronavirus on Thursday, April 30
- Final Fantasy 7 Remake Hard Mode Guide: 12 Tips For Survival
- How to Make Your Home the Calming Oasis You Need, According to an Interior Designer
- Struggling to get to the shops or getting an online delivery? DR MICHEAL MOSLEY reveals his lockdown larder tips to allow you to eat healthily and deliciously
- 10 Tips That Can Help You In Being More Romantic For Your Partner
- Brits head to the TIP! Refuse centres are heaving as they open for the first time during lockdown - but only to those with even licence plate numbers as councils try to stagger entry as part of a phased return
9 Argos shopping tips and tricks that you need to know have 1257 words, post on www.leicestermercury.co.uk at June 3, 2018. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.