Will Smith is ready to make World Cup fans get jiggy wit it. The actor and musician revealed that he will be one of the performers of the official World Cup song for Russia 2018. FIFA announced Wednesday that Smith, Nicky Jam and Kosovar Albanian singer Era Istrefi will join forces for the song “Live It Up,” produced by DJ and songwriter Diplo.
Smith said in a statement, “It’s an honor to be asked to perform at the 2018 FIFA World Cup. This global event brings people from all over the world together to cheer, laugh and experience magic. Collaborating with Nicky, Diplo and Era on this track represents harmony, eclectic flavors and genres coming together. At the end of the day, we just want to see the world dance.” On Tuesday, the former “Fresh Prince” posted a photo of himself with Nicky Jam, holding a soccer ball.
Nicky Jam said in the statement, “To record the Official Song for the FIFA World Cup is a lifetime achievement. Not many artists have the privilege of being able to say they’ve been part of this. I’m so proud and happy, I can say to my grandkids ‘I’ve made it.'”
The song will be released on Friday and The FIFA World Cup Official Music Video will be available on June 7.
The official song for the last World Cup in Brazil was 2014’s “We Are One (Ole Ola)” by Pitbull, Jennifer Lopez and Claudia Leitte.
The World Cup begins on June 14; 32 countries will compete.
- ‘Lunch time, tea time, after the match’: Sachin Tendulkar reveals he heard only ‘one song' for five days before his unbeaten 241 in Sydney
- The Game Awards 2019: Every result, world premiere, reveal and surprise
- Britain's first plastic-free lidless disposable cup that breaks down fully in soil and has a folding top to prevent splashes launches to help tackle 'takeout trash mountain'
- Pathway to Paris: Watch Patti Smith, Joan Baez and More Sing ‘People Have the Power’
- Chandler Smith going full-time for Kyle Busch Motorsports in Truck Series
- S P Balasubrahmanyam's TOP 25 Songs
- Vin Diesel partners with Kygo to release his first single 'Feel Like I Do'
- Alice Cooper Drops Bright But Eerie ‘Our Love Will Change the World’
- PDC World Darts Championship: Jamie Lewis and Nick Kenny heading for Alexandra Palace
- The Game Awards 2020: Every result, winner, world premiere, trailers and more
- Sam Smith’s New Album Is Gloriously Queer
- TikTok Is Blowing Up Rap Verses Before They’re Even Songs
- Taylor Swift moving to regain control of her catalog by re-recording masters of prior songs
- Check Out The All-New 2021 Porsche 911 GT3 Cup Car
- Bob Dylan Just Released the Ultra-Rare 1970 ‘George Harrison Sessions’ Without Warning
- JP Saxe, Julia Michaels Release Holiday Single ‘Kissin’ in the Cold’
- The Game Awards 2020: Live results, world premieres, surprises and more
- Apple One price, release date, bundles, free trial and which apps are included
- Bhoomi 2020: Haq Ali From Salim-Sulaiman's New Album To Be Unveiled Today
- NASCAR to run full course at Circuit of the Americas in 2021
Will Smith, Nicky Jam, Diplo to release World Cup song have 499 words, post on www.cbsnews.com at May 22, 2018. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.