ALFIE Evans was at the centre of a life support battle between his parents, health officials and the British justice system. The tot’s life support was switched off after his family lost the most recent of a series of legal appeals. Here’s what you need to know about his heartbreaking case. When did Alfie Evans die and how old was he? Alfie Evans was living in a coma for well over a year after being struck down with a mystery illness. The 23-month-old, born on May 9, 2016, missed many developmental milestones in his first seven months. He started making “jerking, seizure-like movements” and was taken to the doctors – but his parents were told he was “lazy and a late developer”, the family claim. Alfie caught a chest infection that caused seizures and was placed on life support at Alder Hey Children’s Hospital in Liverpool in December 2016. His life support was turned off on April 23, 2018, after a last-ditch bid by his parents was rejected, and he passed away on April 28 at 2.30am. Parents Tom Evans and Kate James broke the news to their Alfie’s Army supporters on Facebook, saying: “Our baby boy grew his wings tonight at… Read full this story
- How Did Bruce Lee Die?
- Parents’ loss becomes heart-driven cause
- The remarkable life of Mary Elizabeth Evans, Syracuse candy girl
- Second child dies in Silver Spring murder/suicide
- Why Diddy Chose Faith Evans To Perform At Kim Porter’s Funeral
- Did Delaware do its 'due diligence' in Pa. prisoner deal?
- Names we won’t forget: Famous people who died in 2018
- Staying on track: A handful of Iowa schools offer child care for student parents
- Buried: The state hides how children die on Oregon's watch
- George H.W. Bush, president with deep Maine ties, dies at 94
When did Alfie Evans die, who are his parents Kate James and Tom Evans and how old was he when he died at Alder Hey hospital? have 292 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at May 14, 2018. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.