SAN JOSE, Calif. (AP) – Ryan Bader’s first punch as a heavyweight was enough to put the rest of the division on notice – and moved the 34-year-old fighter one step closer to getting a second championship belt wrapped around his waist. It certainly got King Mo’s attention.Bader made a quick and impressive debut in the heavyweight division, stopping Muhammed ‘King Mo’ Lawall 15 seconds into the first round of the main event at Bellator 199. Bader (25-5, 11 knockouts) sent Lawall sprawling to the mat with a crisp left hook – the first punch of the fight. Bader quickly pounced and landed repeated right hands before referee Mike Beltron stepped in to stop the fight, the last of the quarterfinal matches of the Bellator Heavyweight Grand Prix. “I just saw him duck and I knew where his head was going, so I met him with that hook,” Bader said. “I was surprised, but I thought that result was going to come at some point. I thought there would be more trading. It just happened to be the first punch.”The abrupt end capped a card that was lacking in action most of the night until Bader’s big left landed on… Read full this story
- SHR, Hendrick gunning for 1st win under new rules at Fontana
- NFL offseason speculation: Should Titans look at Ryan Tannehill as possible Mariota back-up?
- Mike Strange: UT Vols face SEC competition on road to March Madness; next up — Vanderbilt
- 32 things we learned heading into championship games of 2018 NFL playoffs
- Should Grizzlies tank? Some experts doubt 2019 NBA draft depth
- What's going on in Milwaukee this week: Jan. 11-17
- Predators Pekka Rinne, Roman Josi named NHL All-Stars
- 116th Congress, government shutdown, PGA Tour 2019: 5 things to know Thursday
- Leistikow: Projecting Iowa's football starters for the 2019 season
- Why renaming Louisville's airport after Muhammad Ali is so fitting
Watch: Bader Defeats King Mo with 1st-Round KO at Bellator 199 have 301 words, post on www.breitbart.com at May 13, 2018. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.