Published 7:59 am, Sunday, May 13, 2018
A Texas City man was charged with murder after police say he intentionally ran over a pedestrian with his truck after some sort of altercation.
Officers responded to the 1100 block of Texas Avenue on Saturday just before midnight and found 57-year-old Marvin Lee Bookman dead at the scene, apparently run over by a vehicle.
Police identified 55-year-old Thaddeus Kirk as the suspect, and investigators learned that he’d fought with the slain man earlier that night. It’s not clear what they argued about.
Authorities arrested Kirk and charged him with murder, according to Texas City police. He’s being held on $250,000 bond.
Latest Houston & Texas News
- Now Playing Single mother of five graduates law school Fox 26 Houston
- Texas Power Brokers: James Garvin San Antonio Express-News
- Man fatally shoots brother-in-law during fight in Houston METRO Video
- Rockets coach Mike D’Antoni on Clint Capela Brent Zwerneman, Houston Chronicle
- Rockets’ James Harden on Clint Capela Brent Zwerneman, Houston Chronicle
- PC Court for the man making terroristic threats at Houston Community College. METRO Video
- Witness to the 1976 ammonia truck accident Houston Chronicle
- TX Woman Who Killed Husband With Car Set Free Associated Press
- Killer Dentist Who ran Over Husband Three Times Is Released From Prison Veuer
- Killer Dentist Who ran Over Husband Three Times Is Released From Prison Buzz 60
- Package Bomb Explodes Outside Texas Church After Similar Device Found Outside Starbucks Buzz 60
- Package Bomb Explodes Outside Texas Church After Similar Device Found Outside Starbucks Veuer
- Excitable Dog Sings Along to His Favorite Tune Storyful
- Hero officers who rescued woman from pond speak out Fox7
- Peek inside a newly released Texas photobook Kenny Braun, Instagram
- Argument over open door led to gunfire that killed 1 brother in Houston METRO Video
The accused killer has a handful of prior arrests in Galveston County and is also a lifetime registered sex offender convicted of sexually assaulting a woman at gunpoint in 1983, according to Department of Public Safety records.
- Solving Congestion Problems with Salt Lake City Traffic
- Hit and Run: Criminal Accidents in Los Angeles
- Live Traffic Cameras -- Helping or Hindering Driver Safety?
- The Power of Intention, Is Saying I Can & I Will Succeed Enough to Succeed?
- Jeff Burton Repeats at Texas! - SCI April 16th Issue
- Audi Team to Compete in American Le Mans Series in Long Beach and Houston
Texas City driver accused of intentionally running over man with truck, charged with murder have 393 words, post on www.chron.com at May 13, 2018. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.