WASHINGTON – President Donald Trump called Waffle House shooting hero James Shaw Jr. to “commend his heroic actions,” the White House has confirmed.
During Monday’s press briefing, White House deputy press secretary Raj Shah confirmed that Trump called Shaw earlier in the morning and commended him for his “quick thinking” during the attack.
.@RajShah45 says President Trump had a call this morning with @JamesShawJr9, the customer who stopped a gunman at a Tennessee Waffle House last month, to commend his heroic actions. https://t.co/Xsawjq1ujg pic.twitter.com/eUR84jKqBy
— CBS News (@CBSNews) May 14, 2018
Shaw stopped the shooter at an Antioch Waffle House shooter from taking numerous other lives, after killing four.
Shaw stopped the shooter at an Antioch, Tennessee Waffle House shooter from taking numerous other lives, after killing four.
- President Trump thanks Vietnamese for ‘great reception’
- US President Trump praises Vietnam's economy in Hanoi meeting - VnExpress International
- Hanoians welcome President Trump with flags, flowers and art - VnExpress International
- Watchful US Secret Service agents protect President Trump in Hanoi - VnExpress International
- President Trump holds press conference after DPRK-USA Summit in Hanoi
- US to promote comprehensive partnership with Vietnam: President Trump
- President Trump invites Vietnamese counterpart Trong to visit U.S. - VnExpress International
- President Trump invites Vietnamese counterpart Trong to visit US - VnExpress International
- US President Trump meets Vietnam President Trong in Hanoi
- US President Trump leaves Hanoi earlier than scheduled