BusinessTechnologyWorldNationalMedia & CultureOpinionSportsLuxury Newsletter Signup World By Riddhima Kanetkar @rk_cule3 05/02/18 AT 5:10 AM A Chinese man was detained and fined $11,000 after he opened the emergency exit door of a plane as he felt “stuffy” while waiting to get off the flight. The 25-year-old, who was identified only as Chen, was waiting to exit the flight at the Mianyang airport in the southwestern province of Sichuan, China, when he decided to open the emergency exit to get some fresh air.Chen, who was returning from a trip to Hainan, an island province in China, pulled on the handle of the emergency exit door without being aware it was the escape route, he claimed. He said he soon realized he had activated the escape slide, and “panicked.”“Because it was so stuffy, so hot on the plane, I just pushed down on the window handle beside me. When the door fell out, I panicked,” he told ThePaper.cn reported, later translated by the South China Morning Post. Reports stated the flight crew informed the local authorities about the incident and Chen was detained for 15 days for the unauthorized removal of aviation facility. In addition to that, he was also fined 70,000 yuan (US $11,000) to cover the losses… Read full this story
- Passengers open emergency exit and jump from plane after man jokes about bomb
- Turkish passenger plane makes emergency landing in Russia’s Volgograd
- Fresh air strikes hit Syria's rebel Douma: rescuers
- Dramatic moment Ryanair passengers escape on emergency chute after mobile phone battery EXPLODED minutes before take-off
- British Airways passengers left ‘screaming’ after malfunction affected cabin air pressure
- Passenger jet makes emergency landing in Dublin after crack appears on windshield
- Intensive is the traffic for passenger cars at the exit of Makaza border checkpoint
- By Filing for Divorce at WTO, 'UK Making its Way to Exit Door of EU'
- ‘It’s been a breath of fresh air for me’
- Former City ace Danny Drinkwater reportedly heading for Chelsea exit door
Passenger Opens Aircraft's Emergency Exit Door For Fresh Air, Fined $11,000 have 329 words, post on www.ibtimes.com at May 2, 2018. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.