The opening date for the new One Stop convenience store on the Westcliff estate in Scunthorpe has been announced.
The shop is part of a facility, known as The Arc, which has been built as part of a £9 million regeneration programme for the estate. It also includes a range of shops and new housing.
The Arc will include a cafe, a Post Office, an enterprise zone, the Little Owls pre-school, a training centre, a youth zone and meeting rooms which will be available for hire.
Ongo, which has worked with North Lincolnshire Council on the regeneration scheme, has announced that The Arc will open its doors on Monday, May 21 at 1pm.
The One Stop shop will now open on June 7 following delays.
The cafe will be open from 1pm till 2.30pm on Monday, then regular opening hours will be Monday to Friday from 8.30am to 3pm (hot food served until 2pm) and Saturday from 8.30am to 12.30pm. It will be closed on Sundays.
The Arc will be open from 8.30am to 5.30pm Monday to Friday and 8.30am to 1.30pm on Saturdays.
The Post Office officially closes at its current shop at 1pm on Thursday (May 17) and will reopen to the public at 1pm on Monday.
Westcliff Drop-in has rebranded to become Westcliff Community Works and will be based in The Arc from Monday. It will be offering all the same services it previously did in its old building and will also be managing the reception area.
There will be lots of services running from The Arc, including Ongo’s Employment Support Coaches, Financial Inclusion Team, Youth Mentors and Housing Officers.
There will also be visits from Humberside Police each week and the Fit Tots group is due to run from The Arc after the May half-term.
Little Owls nursery will also be moving into The Arc and it is hoping to be in just after the May half-term.
- Celebs Go Dating star Anna Williamson’s tips to open up and stop masking mental illness
- Premier League transfer window dates revealed
- Gyms and nail bars could be given green light to open with date revealed tonight
- Aboriginal Australians settled in the Southern Riverland region of the continent 22,000 years earlier than previously thought, radiocarbon dating reveals
- £100 fine for not masking up: Police are to hand out on-the-spot penalties for anyone not wearing a face covering in shops when it becomes compulsory from July 24
- The masked balls-up: Boris Johnson finally says people SHOULD wear face masks in shops and is poised to make them compulsory 'within days' after weeks of dithering and mixed messages from ministers
- Is Currys PC World open today? Opening times, new rules and which branches are reopening revealed
- Selfridges opens its Christmas shop - with 149 shopping days to go
- New-Generation Kia Carnival Interiors Revealed Officially: Expected To Arrive In India By 2022
- Shop worker reveals how she's resumed affairs with older married men after pubs reopened on 'Super Saturday' - and says the lifting of lockdown restrictions means they 'no longer need to have sex in the park'
- Town centres are recovering from the lockdown faster than big cities, research reveals as High Street footfall is up to 57% of what it was before the pandemic
- Go wild in the aisles! Shops slash prices by up to 70% TODAY in bid to offload £15BILLION of unsold stock as most reopen for the first time since lockdown - and PM urges Britons to 'shop with confidence'
- Mother who loved 'mindless shopping' says adopting a zero-waste lifestyle has reduced her anxiety - after she downsized to just eight pairs of shoes and ditched ornaments, cushions and plastic clutter
- Nicole Richie leaves the kids at home for date night with husband Joel Madden at the Baby2Baby Gala
- Anthea Turner, 60, sports a sparkling new addition to her wedding finger as she goes shopping with fiancé Mark Armstrong, 55, in west London
- Boris Johnson will reveal lockdown exit plan on Thursday amid fears 'coronaphobia' will sabotage recovery: Poll finds Brits are nervous about going out as advisers admit 'stay at home' message has been 'too successful'
- Third of Brits vow to shop more locally when lockdown restrictions are lifted
- How high street shops are preparing to reopen and adjust to 'new normal'
- Jodie Turner-Smith keeps cool in denim dungarees during LA heatwave on shopping trip with her mom and baby daughter
- Rod Stewart, 75, looks dapper in a white cap and linen shirt as leggy wife Penny Lancaster, 49, stops to takes pictures of him on Croatian getaway
Opening date revealed for One Stop shop in Westcliff have 733 words, post on www.scunthorpetelegraph.co.uk at May 16, 2018. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.