Fans take photos of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle as they leave after their wedding ceremony at St. George’s Chapel in Windsor Castle in Windsor, near London, England, Saturday, May 19, 2018. (Andrew Matthews/pool photo via AP) NEW YORK (AP) — Perhaps getting married to a U.S. television star helps in the royal wedding ratings. The Nielsen company says 29.2 million people in the United States watched the wedding of Prince Harry and American actress Meghan Markle early Saturday. The London ceremony aired starting at 7 a.m. Eastern time and was carried live on 15 different networks. The telecast topped the 22.8 million people who watched Harry’s older brother, Prince William, marry Kate Middleton in 2011. By a whisker, NBC earned network bragging rights. Nielsen said an estimated 6.42 million people watched NBC’s coverage while 6.35 million watched it on ABC. The CBS audience was 4.79 million people.
- Building officially begins on 66 new homes in £29 million scheme
- 10 ways to save on the cost of a wedding
- Prince Harry and Meghan's first wedding anniversary
- Royal Wedding cellist to play alongside primary school students
- What is Eurovision and why do people care?
- Proms will be 'surreal', says Susan Boyle
- EU citizens in the UK say they were denied the right to vote
- 'I'd prefer that people didn't know what I was earning'
- Something new: the wedding dress trends you need to know
- Best wedding guest outfits for summer
Nielsen says 29 million people watched wedding in USCOMMENTSLatest NewsNewsletter have 224 words, post on www.news-sentinel.com at May 21, 2018. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.