Asia Berlin and Beijing must revamp their relationship to adapt to digital changes, said Angela Merkel, who has made the issue a top priority of her fourth term as German Chancellor. 25 May 2018 09:05PM Bookmark SHENZHEN: Berlin and Beijing must revamp their relationship to adapt to digital changes, said Angela Merkel, who has made the issue a top priority of her fourth term as German Chancellor.Germany lags behind other industrialised countries and Merkel said during a visit to China she hoped the two countries would sign a memorandum of understanding in the coming months for the automobile sector, specifically on autonomous driving.That, she said on Friday, should provide German companies with more opportunities and security in this new technology.”Both sides must tread new paths,” she said during a trip to the southern city of Shenzhen, where she was visited a Chinese start-up and a Siemens factory.”Cooperation needs to be put on a completely new footing due to digitalisation,” Merkel said.(Reporting by Andreas Rinke; Writing by Michelle Martin; Editing by Alexander Smith)
- Chancellor Merkel fancies Germany for World Cup final victory
- India declares a pollution health emergency and orders schools to close as Angela Merkel meets PM Narendra Modi in thick smog
- Xi Jinping heads to Africa to clinch China's hold over the continent
- U.S. still looking for solutions to offense ahead of quarterfinal tilt vs. China PR
- The Latest: No explosives found stadium in northern Germany
- The Latest: Germany: Mounting info of planned stadium attack
- The Latest: 2nd stadium in Germany city is evacuated
- Jeopardy for two White House lawyers as impeachment inquiry zeroes in on them over Donald Trump's Ukraine call being rushed on to secret server after Purple Heart officer 'raised concerns'
- The Latest: Merkel praises decision to cancel soccer match
- German chancellor Merkel quiet on World Cup winners
Merkel calls for Germany and China to regear relations for digital era have 305 words, post on www.channelnewsasia.com at May 25, 2018. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.