Meghan Markle’s father is still set to walk his daughter down the aisle for her wedding to Prince Harry on Saturday, despite allegations he posed for staged paparazzi photos with U.S.-based photographer Jeff Rayner.
Thomas Markle was left “deeply embarrassed” by claims he had posed for pictures while being measured for a wedding suit and googling news of his daughter’s impending nuptials, his son Thomas Jr. told The Daily Mail .
And Markle is reportedly intending to privately apologize to his daughter and her fiancé before the ceremony, which will take place at St. George’s Chapel in the grounds of Windsor Castle at noon GMT.
Speaking to British newspaper The Mirror , Thomas Jr., 51, said his father will “apologize sincerely to Meg” for the pictures, which were taken after he claimed he was being harassed by snappers.
“People are quick to judge but they have no idea how much scrutiny we live under,” Thomas Jr. told The Mirror .
“Ever since Meg’s relationship with Harry was made public two years ago we have lived our once normal lives under the spotlight every second,” he added.
The allegations came to light in a report by The Mail that was published following a request from Kensington Palace to photographers, asking them to respect Thomas Markle’s privacy, The Huffington Post reported .
The palace has not issued a comment on the claims, which a friend of Markle’s said had left the former TV lighting director feeling like he had been “scammed” after being pressured into the picture setup.
Meghan’s half-brother Thomas Jr. previously hit headlines after penning a letter to Prince Harry in which he urged the royal not to marry his sister.
The handwritten letter, which was published by In Touch , said the marriage was “the biggest mistake in royal wedding history, ” and described the popular actress as a “conceited woman that will make a joke of you and the royal family heritage.”
He later wrote another letter begging for an invitation to the royal wedding, which he has not been invited to attend.
- Prince Harry needs to welcome Meghan Markle’s dad Thomas into the fold – as he’s one man that’ll always have her back
- Meghan Markle’s sister Samantha breaks silence over pregnancy news to say she hopes royal baby will help heal family rift
- Meghan Markle’s dad Thomas ‘suffers permanent heart damage’ after illness that caused him to miss wedding
- Meghan Markle’s nephew set to reveal ‘shocking secrets’ about the pregnant Royal in explosive new reality show
- Meghan Markle returns to her Hollywood party days with fun photo booth session at The Fashion Awards 2018
- Is the royal baby due in March? New mum who met Meghan Markle reveals she’s ‘four months pregnant’
- Meghan Markle posted a photo of her secret Halloween date with Prince Harry on Instagram – and no one realised
- Unseen pics show Meghan Markle wearing lace as she explores her Maltese ancestry before marrying Prince Harry
- Meghan Markle’s cannabis farmer nephew Tyler Dooley reveals her brother and sister are an ’embarrassment’ to the family
- Meghan Markle's dad tries to heal rift as pals claims he has baby name idea
- Meghan Markle’s dad must start acting like a father, says VANESSA FELTZ
- Here’s how Meghan Markle and Prince Harry’s baby will change the line of succession
- This sweet gesture says Princess Eugenie is NOT angry with Meghan Markle over the pregnancy announcement
- Pregnant Meghan Markle ‘running on adrenaline’ during first official overseas tour with husband Prince Harry
- People think a new Meghan Markle photo suggests she’s further along in her pregnancy than previously thought – and experts agree
- How Meghan Markle’s British Fashion Awards bracelets were a subtle nod to her close bond with Prince Charles
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle hide details of refurbishing new family home at Frogmore House from taxpayers
- The Queen will get Meghan Markle through the rift storm just like she did with Sophie Wessex, say Royal insiders
- Meghan Markle wears Princess Diana’s butterfly earrings and gold bracelet as her white dress crashes designer Karen Gee’s website
- Did Meghan Markle make a cultural faux pas in Fiji on the royal tour?
Meghan Markle's dad is "deeply embarrassed" by staged photo claims, his son says have 688 words, post on www.newsweek.com at May 14, 2018. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.