Updated 1:59 pm, Wednesday, May 16, 2018
PARMA, Ohio (AP) — Court records show an Ohio man charged with killing his 20-month-old son had recently signed a custody agreement with the boy’s mother.
Cleveland.com reports 41-year-old Jason Shorter petitioned for custody of Nicholas Shorter after his birth. An agreement signed May 7 gave the mother custody and allowed Shorter to visit his son from 6:30 p.m. Friday to 7:30 p.m. Saturday.
Shorter went to the Parma police station around 10 p.m. Saturday and said he wanted to turn himself in. Officers found his son in the trunk of Shorter’s car. Police have said the toddler died from an apparent stab wound to the chest.
LATEST SFGATE VIDEOS
- Now Playing Prowler caught on nanny cam in Utah Layton City Police Department
- The five best hikes within an hour of San Francisco Katie Wood, SFGATE
- Pro-Palestinian protesters march in downtown SF San Francisco Chronicle
- Killer whales play on Mother’s Day Monterey Bay Whale Watch
- Breakdancing burglary caught on surveillance camera Fresno Police Department
- Miguel Street, Glen Park, SF San Francisco Chronicle
- Official trailer: ‘Bohemian Rhapsody’ 20th Century Fox
- Warriors vs Rockets, Game 1 – Pregame Warmup San Francisco Chronicle
- Fairfield mother and man accused of torturing 10 children Megan Cassidy, San Francisco Chronicle
- Bay to Breakers 2017 San Francisco Chronicle / SFGATE
Shorter has been charged with aggravated murder. A Parma judge set a $1 million bond at a hearing Wednesday.
Shorter’s attorney couldn’t be immediately reached for comment.
- Jaime King's estranged husband Kyle Newman is 'requesting sole custody of their sons' as he claims actress is battling an 'opioid addiction'
- Britney Spears' ex-husband Kevin Federline is awarded 70 percent custody of their sons Jayden and Sean
- Emmerdale drops major hint Vanessa’s ex Kirin could return to take custody of her son Johnny when she dies of cancer
- Family of black man George Floyd call for cops to be charged with murder after four were fired over video of white officer kneeling on his neck during arrest - as attorney says it's worse than Eric Garner
- 12pm Man Utd news LIVE: Sancho ‘overweight’ in Dortmund defeat, Ighalo ‘very close’ to agreeing stay, Torres bid
- Man Utd news LIVE: Milinkovic-Savic £80m transfer LATEST, Martinez linked, selling Lukaku was ‘a mistake’
Man reached custody agreement days before son's slaying have 510 words, post on www.mysanantonio.com at May 16, 2018. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.