“Strong cooperation ties are uniting Venezuela and Russia. I am thanking President Vladimir Putin for the recognition of our victory. We will keep working on building a multipolar world,” Maduro wrote in his Twitter. The Venezuelan president has also thanked Chinese leader Xi Jinping for the recognition of the election results. A number of countries, including the United States and the United Kingdom, have refused to recognize Maduro’s victory in the Sunday election. © REUTERS / Ueslei MarcelinoUS Warns China, Russia About Issuing New Debt for VenezuelaMoreover, US President Donald Trump, citing fraudulent election, issued an executive order banning US citizens from all transactions tied to Venezuelan government debt. The order also prevented Venezuelan officials from selling equity in any entity majority-owned by the government. Trump said his administration took action to prevent Venezuelans officials from liquidating assets that could help Venezuela’s economy. The vote took place amid a severe financial crisis in Venezuela whose economy has been hit by falling oil prices. Caracas also experienced mass protests last year, which initially were organized in response to the highest court’s decision to significantly limit the parliament’s legislative powers.
- Letters: An outrage that La. Republicans threaten outcome of legitimate election
- 2020 US presidential election fiasco: Lessons for Nigeria’s democracy
- Five Presidential Elections Set to Shake Up the World in 2021
- Trump Launched A Deadly Attempted Coup, Encouraging A Mob To Breach The US Capitol Building Because He Lost The Presidential Election
- 'President-Elect' Joe Biden Pledges to 'Make America Respected Around the World Again'
- 12 GOP Senators Now Back Pointless Ploy to Overturn Election
- Futile Ploy to Overturn Election in Congress Divides GOP
- Thousands of MAGA fans descend on D.C. and Trump warns they ‘won’t stand for a stolen election’
- Trump tells fans to ‘be peaceful’ & sends in National Guard as Capitol stormed after Don slammed ‘BULLS**T election’
- Putin Gleeful After Trumpsters’ Violent Insurrection
Maduro Thanks Putin for Recognizing Outcome of Venezuelan Presidential Election have 311 words, post on sputniknews.com at May 22, 2018. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.