Kim Kardashian has tuned legal activist as she enters into talks with the White House in a bid to pardon an imprisoned grandmother.
Alice Marie Johnson was sentenced to life in prison without parole in 1997 on money laundering and drug conspiracy charges – her first offence.
The 62-year-olds case went viral after Kim tweeted in support – but the reality star’s interest hadn’t stopped there.
According to TMZ , Kim has been speaking with the President’s daughter Ivanka Trump and his senior advisor Jared Kushner in the hopes of securing Johnson’s freedom.
Johnson has since written a heartfelt thank you to Kim for shining light on her ‘unfair situation.’
The letter obtained by TMZ read: “Ms Kardashian you are literally helping to save my life and restore me to my family. I was drowning and you have thrown me a life jacket and given me hope.”
She then predicted Kim would become a ‘key figure in meaningful criminal justice reform becoming a reality.’
Thanks to Kim’s connections, sources say Johnson’s file is now on President Trump’s desk.
And no doubt Kim’s husband Kanye’s recent championing of Donald Trump can only help progress the cause.
The Yeezus rapper shared a string of tweets praising the President and has been seen sporting a Make America Great Again cap.
After seeing Kanye’s tweets, Trump responded, quoting the rapper’s tweet and replying: “Thank you Kanye, very cool!”
Kanye, who shocked the world when he turned up at Trump Tower for a meeting with Donald Trump the day after he was elected President, had explained why he loves the politician so much.
He tweeted: “You don’t have to agree with trump but the mob can’t make me not love him. We are both dragon energy. He is my brother. I love everyone.
“I don’t agree with everything anyone does. That’s what makes us individuals. And we have the right to independent thought.”
Mirror Online has contacted representatives for comment.
- Everything to Know About Kim Kardashian's Complex Relationship with the White House — and Her Dinner with Jared & Ivanka
- Trump should pick Kim Kardashian West as his pardon adviser
- After Donald Trump Pardon, Alice Johnson Says She Keeps Photo of Kim Kardashian, Kanye West in Her Bible
- Trump picks pardon requests from wealthy pals and GOP donors
- Donald Trump is 'Obsessed' With Pardons, His New 'Favorite Thing,' White House Official Says
- Woman who got pardon push from Kardashian West helps friend
- Trump clemency recipient links her case to Kardashian West
- Ivanka draws rapturous applause as she praises Saudi Arabia for 'significant' reforms for women during speech in Dubai - despite country's shocking human rights records
- Alice Johnson, grandmother granted clemency by Trump, says commutation critics 'have not looked' at cases
- This is one pardon Trump should consider
- Trump just granted clemency to 11 people. Here's a look at each.
- Donald Trump and his pardon triangle
- Who else was granted clemency by Trump?
- Texas mother who had prison sentence commuted by Trump wants to give president a 'huge hug'
- President Trump goes on clemency spree, and the list is long
- Kardashian effect: Florida woman says Trump commuted her sentence after plea from Alice Johnson
- Roger Stone prosecutors quit en masse after their call to jail him for nine years is over-ruled as Donald Trump DENIES telling Bill Barr to abandon 'ridiculous' sentence call but rages about 'disgraceful' prosecution
- Wynonna Judd Meets with White House on Criminal Justice Reform After Daughter Was Sent Back to Prison
- The Hill's Morning Report - Democrats duke it out during Nevada debate
- 11 Months From Today
Kim Kardashian seeks Ivanka Trump's help to pardon imprisoned grandmother have 588 words, post on www.mirror.co.uk at May 2, 2018. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.