The Duke of Edinburgh has been seen out and about for the first time since his most recent stay in hospital.
Philip was photographed sitting at the wheel of a 4×4, chatting to the Queen through the vehicle’s open window.
The couple were at the Royal Windsor Horse Show.
The 96-year-old was admitted to King Edward VII Hospital in central London last month for a planned hip replacement.
At the time, it was said that hip replacement patients have to walk aided for the first four to six weeks after surgery, meaning the Duke could be using a walking stick at Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s wedding on 19 May at Windsor.
Palace officials have previously said he will attend the wedding if he is well enough.
More on Prince Philip
Prince Philip: Royal Family remembers Duke of Edinburgh on first anniversary of his death
Prince Andrew’s appearance by his mother’s side shows Royal Family believes he is still one of them
Prince Philip memorial – latest updates: Duke of Edinburgh service of thanksgiving held as Queen makes first public appearance in months
Prince Philip, a former naval officer, retired from public life in August, saying at the time that he was no longer able to “stand up much”.
He had carried out around 22,000 solo royal engagements since Elizabeth was crowned Queen in 1953.
Meanwhile, The Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead has reminded those hoping to catch a glimpse of the royal couple to arrive prepared for a long day.
Visitors will be able to watch the newlyweds’ carriage procession from Castle Hill, High Street, Sheet Street, Kings Road, Albert Road or the Long Walk, it said.
“They should ensure they have enough food, water, sun cream, waterproof clothing and essentials to cope with standing in crowds for several hours.
“Thousands of people are expected to crowd the streets.
“It is crucial people have enough supplies and keep safe during the ceremony.”
:: Sky News will broadcast live in Windsor the week before the royal wedding with all the build up to the big day, with exclusive live coverage of the wedding in UHD in a special programme from 9am to 3pm on Sky News and Sky One on Saturday 19 May.
- Prince Harry’s exes Cressida and Chelsy Davy arrive together for Royal Wedding
- Someone ordered pizza to the royal wedding reception
- Windsor residents renting homes for Royal Wedding
- Meghan Markle’s mum arrives in London ahead of Royal Wedding
- Chloe Madeley, Gina Torres and Posh lead the worst dressed at royal wedding
- Meghan Markle's dad 'made up heart surgery story so he could miss royal wedding'
- Harry will have to shave his beard if he wants to wear Army uniform to wedding
- Grinning George finds his smile in Harry and Meghan’s official wedding picture
- Something Blue: The New Duke and Duchess of Sussex Ride Off into the Sunset
- Prince Philip title: Why was Prince Philip FORCED to renounce his royal title?
- Kate Middleton and Zara Phillips show off baby bumps as the royals celebrate Easter
- Prince Philip FURY: Why did Duke’s relationship with THIS royal woman turn sour?
- Royal row: How Queen and Prince Philip issued furious denial of rumoured rift
- Meghan Markle’s father ‘will miss wedding due to heart surgery’
- Royal rebel: The Queen insisted on doing what aides feared would ’bring down the monarchy'
- I'm proof that with the right care you're never too old for surgery: Evelyn Cotter, 94, reveals how she forced herself to get fit to undergo life-saving bowel surgery two years ago
- Prince Harry wipes lips after sharing ‘first’ public kiss with Meghan since wedding
- Royal split: How Kate is set to 'do her best' to revive bond with Meghan Markle and Harry
- Time to Name This Royal Baby
- What Will the Royal Baby be Named?
Duke of Edinburgh appears ready for royal wedding after hip surgery have 640 words, post on news.sky.com at May 11, 2018. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.