Chelsea have won their eighth FA Cup after a 1-0 victory over a Manchester United side managed by their former boss Jose Mourinho.
The win was secured by a 22nd-minute penalty from Eden Hazard, who had been brought down in front of a packed Wembley by Phil Jones.
Jones escaped with a yellow card having been judged to have made a genuine attempt to win the ball.
The result means United end the season trophy-less having finished second in the Premier League, 19 points behind their local rivals Manchester City.
Chelsea boss Antonio Conte had conceded before the game that victory may not save him from the sack after a disappointing fifth-place finish in the Premier League, but the Italian ends a sour season with silverware.
United, who had been forced to start Romelu Lukaku on the bench following injury, failed to have a shot on target in a disjointed first half despite dominating after the break.
They were repeatedly denied by Chelsea goalkeeper Thibaut Courtois, as well as an offside flag when Alexis Sanchez thought he had struck back.
More from UK
- COVID-19: UK records 27,734 new coronavirus cases and 91 more deaths
- COVID-19: Fully vaccinated travellers from amber list EU and US countries won’t have to quarantine on arrival in England from Monday
COVID news live – latest updates: Inhaled vaccine found safe and effective in early trials – as fake pet adverts scam Britons out of millions
- Tokyo Olympics: Team GB win gold in men’s 200m swimming relay as Charlotte Dujardin claims bronze in dressage
- Welsh slate mines join Grand Canyon, Taj Mahal and Great Wall of China as UNESCO World Heritage Sites
- COVID-19: Quarantine rule change will ‘get global Britain back in business’
Mourinho said afterwards: “I congratulate them because they won, but I don’t think they deserved to win. We were the best team, but that’s football.”
Meanwhile, both sides paid tribute to the late Ray Wilkins, with giant banners unfurled before kick-off.
- Chelsea 1-0 Manchester City: Ziyech secures FA Cup final spot
- Chelsea ends Man City’s quadruple bid, reaches FA Cup final
- Solskjaer confirms Marcus Rashford injury fear as Man Utd boss says striker suffered a ‘twinge’ vs AC Milan
- 9am Man Utd transfer news LIVE: Milenkovic ‘impressive offer’, Romero heads to Argentina, Rice on ‘incredible’ Milan win
- Football: United's Solskjaer now banking on Europa League to end trophy drought
- European Super League contracts REVEALED, Daniel Ek eyes Arsenal, Odegaard blow – Spurs, Man City, Chelsea transfer news
- Manchester City win record-equalling fourth straight League Cup
- Man City leave it late to beat Everton and reach Cup semis
- Soccer PIX: Man City beat Everton; Lewandowski 'tricks
- Ex-Man Utd striker Angelo Henriquez and Chelsea flop Franco Di Santo are rebuilding their careers after failing in Prem
- Man City’s win at Leicester shows depth of leaders’ quality
- Football: Man City cruise past Leicester to close in on Premier League title
- Chelsea seek to derail Man City quadruple bid as fans return
- European Super League: Ed Woodward steps down as executive vice-chairman of Manchester United
- After Super League climbdown, City and Spurs win in EPL
- Man City's De Bruyne could be fit for PSG clash, says Guardiola
- Watch live! Man City, Chelsea set for WSL title decider
- Remembering the greatness of Arsene Wenger's Arsenal on the anniversary of his nightmare 1,000th game
- European Super League: Comparing all 12 clubs in planned breakaway competition
- 10 things we learned in the Premier League – Matchweek 31
Chelsea win FA Cup with victory over Man United have 557 words, post on news.sky.com at May 19, 2018. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.