Manchester City – the Centurions. But Martin, how do you expect Liverpool to make up a 25-point gap next season when City will also strengthen? Liverpool have typically lost points in the easier games in the last few years, they must address that. And they need to win nine more games next season. Big ask. Crossie, Manchester. Don’t get your hopes up, everybody. It’s not all like this. There’s one of those big-club p***ing contests coming – you know the kind, my club’s better than your club, where’s your double/treble/five European Cups/unbeaten season – and some people still appear to have Jonjo Shelvey confused with Xavi, but Crossie this is an intelligent question and deserves a logical reply. I agree, 25 points is huge. But Liverpool will feel they have the beating of Manchester City, home and away, after this season. So take three points from City’s 100 and add them to Liverpool’s 75. Now we’re playing 97 against 78. Still big. Still 19 points to find. So here goes. Is it feasible that home draws against Burnley, Everton, West Brom and Stoke (or their promoted equivalents) could be turned into wins? If the answer is yes, that’s another eight… Read full this story
- Former Liverpool ace Glen Johnson predicts how many points Reds will drop in Man City race
- Man City player ratings vs Atalanta: Sterling and Aguero star in Champions League comeback
- ‘We’ve blown it’ - Man City legend Horlock reveals inside story of 1999 Gillingham final
- Any hope for Man United vs. Liverpool? Man City to slip up again?
- Man City vs Atalanta match preview: Prediction, team news, injuries and line up
- Why Raheem Sterling was disappointed despite Man City's 5-1 win over Atalanta
- Premier League fixtures predicted by experts: Bad news for Man City, Man Utd vs Liverpool
- Man City legend Kevin Horlock opens up on how Pep Guardiola has built ‘the complete team’
- Man City fans troll Liverpool over keeping Premier League record - ‘The greatest ever’
- Crystal Palace vs Man City live stream and TV channel: How to watch Premier League clash
100 points, 106 goals... and so many sour grapes towards Man City have 347 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at May 17, 2018. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.