Wilko Johnson’s new album Blow Your Mind will be released by Chess Records on June 15. The collection of new, self-penned material follows 2013’s collaboration with Roger Daltrey, Going Back Home, which reached No. 3 in the UK charts.
Johnson describes Blow Your Mind as “the album I never thought I’d get to write”. The former Dr Feelgood guitarist was diagnosed with terminal pancreatic cancer in 2012 but has now beaten the disease.
“I didn’t know if I’d ever get back into the studio,” adds Johnson. “One of those songs, that’s a reflection of that time, about sitting around the house at night knowing that death’s coming; we’ve recorded it, and it’ll be on the album. It’s actually quite a cheerful one, too!”
The album features Norman Watt Roy on bass and Dylan Howe on drums, and is produced by Dave Eringa. The full tracklisting for Blow Your Mind is as follows:
The May 2018 issue of Uncut is now on sale in the UK – with Johnny Marr on the cover. Elsewhere in the issue, you’ll find exclusive new interviews with John Fogerty, Dan Auerbach, Shirley Collins, Unknown Mortal Orchestra, John Prine and many more. Our free 15-track CD features 15 tracks of this month’s best new music, featuring Kacy & Clayton, Laura Veirs, Wye Oak, Cath & Phil Taylor, Mouse On Mars, Josh T. Pearson, A Place To Bury Strangers and Drinks.
Uncut: the past, present and future of great music.
- Kanye West latest news: New Album Donda out tomorrow as Damon Dash says his friend isn’t ‘crazy’ – LIVE updates
- PM Boris Johnson announces halt to easing lockdown in England: report
- Billie Eilish Enters the Chat, Announces New Single
- ‘Tenet’ Undated For Now: Warner Bros. To Announce New Date “Imminently”, Pic’s Theatrical Global Rollout Won’t Be “Traditional”
- Christopher Nolan's Tenet Suffers Another Delay In Release; Warner Bros To Announce New Date Soon
- Government DROPS 14 day quarantine but Greece deals blow for holiday makers by banning all flights from the UK until July 15 because of high number of coronavirus cases as ‘air bridge' list will be released THIS WEEK
- The wedding's off! Devastated brides, wedding planners and suppliers reveal their heartbreak after Boris Johnson DELAYS relaxing restrictions on ceremonies
- UK announces another 315 coronavirus deaths bringing total fatalities to 28,446 as new hotspot map reveals swathes of Britain outside major cities that have had ZERO deaths - as expert argues isolated areas should be released from lockdown sooner
- Boris Johnson pledges 'massive' summer school 'catch-up operation' to help pupils recover from lockdown BEFORE classes start properly again in September
- Cinema's coming home! Grab the popcorn, dim the lights and settle in for our pick of this summer's sensational new films - and thanks to the lockdown, you'll be able to watch most them in your own living room...
- Boris Johnson says he 'fully intends' all children will return to schools in September amid fury from parents that zoos and shops are reopening first - with government mulling drafting in an army of retired teachers to help pupils
- Rihanna shelves plans to release new music to launch own skincare line
- Now get back to work: Boris Johnson orders civil servants to return to their desks by the end of next week - but top firms are still encouraging staff to stay at home
- Unions tell civil servants DON'T go back to work: Leaders cite 'health and safety' concerns to sabotage Boris Johnson's plan for them to lead the way in Britain's return to the office to save economy
- UK travel ban on Spain strikes new blow to tourism industry
- The good, the dad and the funky! The 1975's 22-track album ranges from the sublime to the ridiculous, writes ADRIAN THRILLS
- Taylor Swift’s ‘Folklore’: Album Review
- Michael Gove warns Britain the lockdown will be reintroduced in areas that see infections rise in 'whack-a-mole' plan as Boris Johnson prepares plan to kick-start construction and re-open offices and schools - despite coronaphobia paralysing UK
- Nicola Sturgeon says Boris Johnson's visit to Scotland only BOOSTS the argument for independence
- Brutally honest insight into Boris Johnson’s rollercoaster first year in power
Wilko Johnson announces new album, Blow Your Mind have 698 words, post on www.uncut.co.uk at April 13, 2018. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.