TOM Kerridge is a chef known around the world for his British, French and fusion dishes.
Who is Tom Kerridge?
Tom Kerridge was born in Salisbury, Wiltshire, on July 27, 1973 – that makes him 44.
He was originally a child actor but decided to attend culinary school at the age of 18. He has since worked in several high-end restaurants, including the Michelin-starred Rhodes in the Square and Adlards.
He currently presents Food and Drink and presented Bake Off: Crème de la Crème (2016), both for BBC Two.
Tom is married to Beth, a sculptor who has previously worked with abstract sculptor Sir Anthony Caro.
How much weight did Tom Kerridge lose?
He devised his own diet after realising he was obese when he weighed in at almost 30 stone.
Tom now weighs just under 18 stone and previously opened up about how ditching sugar was “absolutely horrible”.
In order to drop the pounds, the celeb chef cut down his carb intake and stopped drinking alcohol entirely.
He said: ”In our business it becomes an obsession to party, play hard, drink hard, eat rubbish food.
“You start drinking after the last bill’s been paid and then it will go right through until two or three in the morning.
“It’s a release from the pressures of working hard. But there’s a point where you get fed up. You think, ‘I’ve got to make a change’.”
Most read in TV & Showbiz
Adam Thomas stars in rich mate’s property ad… but blink and you’ll miss him
‘love and hugs’
Lisa Armstrong ‘breaks her social media silence’ on Ant’s guilty plea
OVER SO QUICK
Jake Quickenden splits from fiancée Danielle seven months after proposing
‘IT DIDN’T MAKE ME GAYER!’
TV doc says pills couldn’t ‘turn’ man gay – as he tried them too
Jeremy Kyle fans mock ‘sharpie pen’ eyebrows of woman whose mum slept with cousin
ONE ‘CHELLE OF AN EXIT
EastEnders fans in stitches at Michelle Fowler’s bizarre exit gaffe
‘funny and ferocious’
Fern Britton’s heartache as her beloved mum Ruth dies at 94
Why is presenter Chris Evans not on Radio 2 and who’s sitting in for him?
GMB fans left baffled by Mark Wright’s new ‘Australian’ accent
Piers Morgan’s wife phones Lorraine to reveal how he REALLY got rid of wrinkles
Where is his pub The Hand and Flowers?
Tom and his wife opened gastropub The Hand & Flowers in 2005. Within the first year, he gained his first Michelin star.
In the 2012 Michelin guide, he won a second Michelin star – the first time a pub had done so.
The pub is located in Marlow, Buckinghamshire, and the address is: 126 West St, Marlow, SL7 2BP.
Tom said: “When we opened The Hand and Flowers in 2005, we wanted it to be exactly the kind of place where we would like to enjoy our days off. That meant a proper pub, but with proper food.
“A friendly, comfortable atmosphere, where everybody’s welcome. Bold, unpretentious cooking with brilliant, seasonal ingredients. Professional but approachable service from people who love to eat out as much as we do.”
He added: “Since opening, our approach has won us many loyal friends. We’re proud to be the first pub with two Michelin stars, but our food is for everyone to enjoy, and our pub is still a relaxed and accessible environment where everybody’s welcome.”
The pub’s menu includes starters such as Duck Liver Parfait with Orange Chutney and Toasted Brioche, Glazed Omelette of Smoked Haddock and Parmesan.
Mains include: Slow Cooked Duck Breast with Duck & Beetroot Tart, Roasted Plum & Girolles, Fish du Jour with Butter Roasted Cauliflower and Caviar & Toasted Brassica Beurre Blanc.
What are some of Tom Kerridge’s most famous dishes and recipes?
Tom’s cooking is known around the world and he has received countless awards within the culinary world.
Among the chef’s many, many recipes is a chicken tikka masala to die for and some turkey and courgette burgers with mozzarella.
One of his most famous dishes is his weekend roast chicken and Tom’s treacle cured beef and roast potatoes with Yorkshire puddings is also one of his specialities.
When is Tom Kerridge: Lose Weight For Good on BBC Two and what is it about?
Lose Weight For Good sees 13 volunteers from Tom’s local area test his recipes in conjunction with NHS-approved weight loss advice. The dieters on the 12-week weight loss programme include a vicar, a police officer and a nurse who is getting married later in the year.
Tom said: “It’s impossible to lose weight and keep the weight off for good if you don’t enjoy what you’re eating.
“The NHS offers really sound advice about how to lose weight so I’ve taken this as the starting point and decided to challenge myself as a chef to come up with really appealing lower calorie dishes people will want to eat every day.
“The cooking techniques mean there’s no compromise on flavour and you’re promised a generous plate of food!
“I’m hoping this will help more people to lose weight and still love what they eat. They’ve all got strong reasons why they want or need to lose weight.
“So they’ve agreed to cut down their calorie intake, and in return I’m providing them with recipes they can make and enjoy at home. We’ll have to see how well they get on.”
Tom Kerridge: Lose Weight For Good began on BBC Two on January 7, 2018.
- Celeb chef Tom Kerridge shares genius way pubs could stay open during second lockdown
- UK's 10 most successful celebrity chefs: did Jamie Oliver and Gordon Ramsay make the grade?
- At 43 I’m in better shape now than when I was 20 – my 8 key weight loss secrets
- Raymond Blanc shares his favourite winter apple recipe with HELLO!
- The best shows to binge watch on Netflix right now
- At SXSW 2014, secrets, spying and chef Watson
- 'Nobody Wants to Hear Your Predictions': 'Top Chef' Star Tom Colicchio Claps Back at Nate Silver
- TOM UTLEY: The nastier some country folk are to me (and they have been!) the more delighted I'll be
- The 51 best shows on Hulu right now
- Leaked Government slides claim 41% of under 30s with Covid in England may have caught the disease in a pub, bar or restaurant
- Fired up for winter: Outdoor social gatherings are here to stay - here are the best ways to stay toasty in your garden
- 'Since when did the Lamestream Media decide who the President is?' Trump doubles down on refusing to concede and Melania backs his claims of fraud - but Republicans start telling him to give up the fight
- The best food processors of 2020: KitchenAid, Cuisinart Braun and more
- Where are the Bake Off winners now? From Candice to Nadiya and Rahul
- Masterchef's Gregg Wallace says he lost weight to be 'attractive' for young wife
- Is food political? How a recipe can be a protest
- The 50 Best Music Documentaries of All Time
- The best gaming headsets 2020
- Best Dutch oven in 2020
- Where The Voice winners are now - chart flops, downward spiral and coach insult
Who is Tom Kerridge, how much weight did the chef lose, what are his best recipes and where’s his pub The Hand and Flowers? have 1267 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at April 18, 2018. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.