When Iranian journalists asked Stone who he would compare US President Donald Trump to in cinema, the three-time Oscar winner picked a graphic metaphor – Beelzebub, the biblical demonic figure. READ MORE: Demonizing Putin Unlikely to Relieve International Tensions — Oliver Stone Stone went on to slam the political course the United States has taken, particularly in the Middle East. He proceeded to say that the United States would “break any treaty it has to, to get what it wants,” adding that “we’re doing something that is outlawed internationally, we had no permission to invade Iraq from the UN, we did it, and we continue to do this.” The legendary filmmaker visited Iran for the first time for a press conference with Iranian journalists during the 36th International Fajr Film Festival at the Charsu Cineplex. READ MORE: Oliver Stone Says His Son Working at RT is Not a ‘Russian Agent’ Oliver Stone has repeatedly criticized the United States’ foreign policies, intelligence services, Western media, as well as President Trump’s approach towards some states. His well-known movie, “The Untold History of the United States,” addresses Washington’s involvement in the Middle East, tracing it back to its climax – Kuwait’s liberation after the Iraqi invasion in 1990.
- Donald Trump urges ban on Muslims entering U.S.
- President-elect Donald Trump and the Paris Agreement
- US President Donald Trump pays state visit to Vietnam
- Pope says Donald Trump 'not a Christian'
- Oliver Stone rolls into town with Savages
- 1-year rule of President Donald Trump
- Hollywood's Oliver Stone scouts My Lai massacre site for new film
- Director Oliver Stone lashes out at US
- President Donald Trump begins State visit to Vietnam
- Oliver Stone: the people of My Lai are fire-refined gold bars
WATCH Oliver Stone Compares Donald Trump to Biblical Devil have 288 words, post on sputniknews.com at April 26, 2018. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.