MANCHESTER — President Trump nominated Manchester Police Chief Enoch “Nick” Willard on Thursday as the next U.S. Marshal for New Hampshire, a law enforcement job with responsibilties that include tracking down people wanted on federal warrants, jailing federal defendants before trial and arranging for witness protection.Willard’s nomination was part of a seventh wave of Trump nominations for marshal, the oldest law-enforcement position in the United States government according to the U.S. Martial Service.“I’m very humbled and very honored that the president of the United States has the faith in me to take over this important law enforcement position in New Hampshire,” Willard said in an interview, in which said he was constrained in how much he could say given the pending nomination process. But Willard praised two New Hampshire marshals — Obama-appointee David L. Cargill Jr., whose deputy marshals worked with Manchester police to apprehend Matthew Dion in Florida, ending a 15-month manhunt following the murder of his parents. And Bush-era appointee Stephen Monier, who ended a nine-month standoff in 2007 with heavily-armed tax protesters Ed and Elaine Brown without a shot fired.Willard will have to be confirmed by the U.S. Senate before assuming the post.“(Willard) has been a real… Read full this story
- NYC student’s murder stems from liberals’ reversal of Rudy Giuliani’s anti-crime policies, ex-police chief says
- Diplomat's fugitive wife Anne Sacoolas asked UK police to interview her in US over death of Harry Dunn, reveals British force chief as he calls for family spokesman to show 'constraint'
- Trump, terror and Brexit: Biggest stories of 2016, the year the world was rocked by tragedy
- When did Trump know his 'wonderful' defense chief was accused of hitting his wife? Dems demand answers over Shanahan suddenly quitting amid revelations Pentagon boss intervened to help son who fractured mom's skull with baseball bat
- Manhunt nets suspect in Nassau Bay police sergeant’s death; mother and her boyfriend also charged
- The Hill's Morning Report - Trump, Biden go toe-to-toe in Iowa
- Think Tank Official May Have Violated IRS Rules By Coordinating Anti-Trump Event With Clinton Campaign
- 'Joe is not playing with a full deck' says Donald Trump as Biden escalates attack on president - but is tripped up by his own gaffes including saying 'poor kids are as bright and talented as white kids'
- Lord Bramall's life was shortened by Nick paedophile lies, friends say as D-Day hero dies aged 95
- ProPublica Interviews Glenn Simpson For 'Trump, Inc.'
Trump nominates Manchester Police Chief Nick Willard to be next U.S. Marshal have 405 words, post on www.unionleader.com at April 26, 2018. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.