I. The Bumper The trip to Delaware was only supposed to last a day. David Pokora, a bespectacled University of Toronto senior with scraggly blond hair down to his shoulders, needed to travel south to fetch a bumper that he’d bought for his souped-up Volkswagen Golf R. The American seller had balked at shipping to Canada, so Pokora arranged to have the part sent to a buddy, Justin May, who lived in Wilmington. The young men, both ardent gamers, shared a fascination with the inner workings of the Xbox; though they’d been chatting and collaborating for years, they’d never met in person. Pokora planned to make the eight-hour drive on a Friday, grab a leisurely dinner with May, then haul the metallic-blue bumper back home to Mississauga, Ontario, that night or early the next morning. His father offered to tag along so they could take turns behind the wheel of the family’s Jetta. An hour into their journey on March 28, 2014, the Pokoras crossed the Lewiston–Queenston Bridge and hit the border checkpoint on the eastern side of the Niagara Gorge. An American customs agent gently quizzed them about their itinerary as he scanned their passports in his booth. He… Read full this story
- ‘Solo: A Star Wars Story’ Director Explains How Young Han is Different
- Shocking moment reckless parents let their ten-year-old son drive their car in southern India
- Top Gun: Maverick NEW TRAILER: Tom Cruise is as reckless as ever as he returns to Naval School as an instructor... more than 30-years after flying into the sunset
- Inside the Bizarre Mind of Marlon Brando: ‘I Was Young and Destined to Spread My Seed Far and Wide’
- Tom Watson faces growing calls to apologise in parliament for his 'false and reckless' VIP paedophile ring claims - as real victims accuse him of 'weaponising child abuse'
- Snapchat crash victim suffered serious injuries and is unable to work - as his family issue stark warning to young people over disturbing 'chicken' video taken just before accident that killed woman, 21
- Parents of baby killed in Bourke St rampage tell their story in court
- How can we improve the mental health of girls and women?
- Boy, 14, is shot at close range by 'an off-duty Hong Kong cop' who is beaten by protesters hurling petrol bombs at him during clashes hours after Beijing-backed ban on face masks to 'put an end to the chaos'
- Inside America’s Evangelical ‘purity movement’ where teen girls make pledges to their fathers to stay virgins until they get married at black-tie ceremonies
The Young and the Reckless have 422 words, post on www.wired.com at April 17, 2018. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.