Tesla is starting the second quarter in a defensive crouch: Last week, the company revealed that Autopilot, its semi autonomous feature, was engaged during a recent fatal crash in California — its second confirmed Autopilot-related fatality in the U.S. Tesla is struggling to meet its production goals for the Model 3, its first-ever mass-market car. Today, CEO Elon Musk reportedly said the company is producing 2,000 Model 3s a week — 500 short of his goal, which has been adjusted twice. Last week, Tesla voluntarily recalled 123,000 of its Model S luxury sedans to fix a power-steering issue. That is a lot of cars — close to half of all the vehicles the company has produced. Tesla stock is down about 36 percent since its September 2017 peak. By the company’s own admission, this is a critical time for Tesla. The electric vehicle movement the company arguably popularized is seeing momentum from new and existing players, while self-driving competitors like Alphabet’s Waymo strike deals with automakers to develop vehicles that could rival Tesla’s own offerings. As both an automaker and a self-driving tech company, Tesla still has a lot to prove. The crash It’s not yet known whether Autopilot was… Read full this story
- First pictures emerge of passengers on board doomed jet that crashed into sea off of Indonesia, 'killing all 189 on board' as it emerges the plane had gone in for repairs before final flight
- I Drove a Tesla Model 3. Here’s What You Need to Know
- Tesla, SpaceX, A.I., Mars and more: Is Elon Musk spread too thin?
- Tesla has just ONE more vehicle to unveil from the second part of Elon Musk's 'super secret Master Plan’, to be used for urban public transport running through specially designed tunnels
- Tesla CEO becomes Elon Tusk on Twitter
- CoD, Crash and Spyro are November's Humble Monthly early unlocks
- WhatsApp bug allows hackers to crash your app with a single message - and you'll have to delete it and reinstall it before you can use it again
- Theresa May warns the 'eyes of the world are on us' in a passionate speech BACKING Boris Johnson's Brexit deal telling his opponents to 'put the national interest first' and vote for it
- Chapecoense plane crash: fans' anger after confirmation plane ran out of fuel
- Emiliano Sala death – what happened in the plane crash and what has the latest report revealed?
Tesla’s latest Autopilot crash is just one of many problems it is now dealing with have 387 words, post on www.recode.net at April 2, 2018. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.