New Zealand’s famous All Blacks rugby team released a video featuring stars from the men’s team alongside their female counterparts, showing the players wearing specially designed ‘rainbow’ jerseys. The two-minute video was filmed last year but was published on Monday, and shows members of New Zealand’s men’s and women’s squads, known as the All Blacks and Black Ferns respectively, at a stadium in Japan with fans waving rainbow flags in the stands. “The next battle is different. The next enemy is truly formidable and deeply devious,” says the voice on the video. “It is discrimination – an enemy that cannot be fought alone and must be defeated together. It will take more than 15 – it will take thousands, millions.” At the end of the clip, rugby players also reveal the rainbow colors on their black kits, after they stretched the fabric, which then turns from black into a number of different colors. The video was released several weeks after Australian rugby star Israel Folau sparked heated debates on social media after saying that gay people would go to hell if they did not repent. READ MORE: Australian rugby star says gay people will go to hell Folau’s comments provoked… Read full this story
- New Zealand retain Rugby World Cup with ruthless display against Australia
- New Zealand swat Wales aside to win Rugby World Cup bronze final
- 'Will you still accept me as captain?': How England's Billy Vunipola was kicked off his school rugby team aged 11 for being rude and had to pen a grovelling letter promising to 'improve my attitude'
- New Zealand mosque shootings – White supremacist gunmen film live murder of 40 at two Christchurch mosques
- New Zealand mosque terror shooting could happen in the UK by neo-Nazis, security minister admits
- 49 Killed in New Zealand Mosque Shootings; Man Charged
- Revealed: Glencore bankrolled covert campaign to prop up coal
- Powerful England appear to hold upper hand in Rugby World Cup final
- South Africa’s Siya Kolisi: ‘I’ve never seen this much support for the team’
- All Blacks run rampant against Wales to end Rugby World Cup on a high
New Zealand rugby teams reveal rainbow jerseys as part of ‘diversity’ campaign (VIDEO) have 346 words, post on www.rt.com at April 24, 2018. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.