caption “Troy: Fall of a City.” source BBC/Netflix Netflix‘s “Troy: Fall of a City” is the latest successful drama series the service has brought over from the UK. The BBC co-production serves as a retelling of the ancient Greek Tale, “The Iliad,” Homer’s epic poem that depicts the 10-year siege of Troy in the 13th century BC. Netflix CEO Reed Hastings said in March that his company had invested $1.75 billion in European productions. The first season of “Troy: Fall of a City” is streaming now on Netflix. Netflix continues its streak of bringing in successful foreign series with its new addition of “Troy: Fall of a City,” a BBC program that serves as a retelling of the ancient Greek tale, “The Iliad.” Not a strict adaptation of Homer’s epic poem, “Troy: Fall of a City” has been described by the UK’s Daily Telegraph as a “fresh, psychologically knotty take on one of the greatest tales of them all.” The series premiered on the BBC starting in February, but the 8-episode first season is now streaming internationally on Netflix everywhere but the UK (including in the US). Altogether, the series will cover the 10-year siege of Troy that occurred in… Read full this story
- 35 New TV Shows to Watch This Fall
- I replaced Netflix and HBO with network TV for a week, and my brain is different now
- Hugh Jackman, Pete Davidson Movies to Screen at Tribeca Film Festival
- The best Xbox One games (February 2020)
- Britain records THIRTY FOUR new coronavirus cases in biggest single increase since outbreak began bringing infection toll to 85 – after Chief Medical Officer's grave warning Britons WILL die from bug
- Terrestrial TV barely worth checking the programme guide for
- Lizzy Yarnold wins gold - Sochi Winter Olympics – as it happened!
- Coronavirus claims NINE lives in just Washington state as it's revealed two deaths happened DAYS earlier than previously known amid fears hospital staff are now infected
- Gloria Steinem Biopic Caught in Crosshairs of Timothy Hutton Rape Accusation
- Tribeca Fest 2020 Sets Feature Film Lineup With 95 World Premieres
Netflix’s latest action-packed drama series is ‘Troy: Fall of a City’ — a ‘psychologically knotty’ retelling of the Trojan War have 337 words, post on www.businessinsider.sg at April 6, 2018. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.