KATE Garraway was left mortified on today’s Good Morning Britain as she realised she still had a roller in her hair.
The presenter was in the middle of welcoming her co-host for the day, Eamonn Holmes, when she touched the back of her head.
Interrupting Eamonn, she cried: “I’ve just discovered I’ve still got the roller in my hair! I wondered what was itching me.”
As Kate dipped her head in embarrassment and laughed, her co-stars also burst out giggling.
Holding up the item, she added: “They’ve left a roller in!”
Going as red as her dress, she said: “Genuinely blushing.”
Viewers were highly amused by the incident, which happened in the opening moments of today’s show.
Taking to Twitter, one wrote: “Brilliant” while another added: “Could have been worse it might have been nits”.
A third agreed, writing: “At least it wasn’t nits making your head itch” while a fourth tweeted: “It would only happen to you Kate!!!!!”
Indeed Kate has had a number of on-air mishaps over the years.
Most Read in TV & Showbiz
I’M NO WALLY
Olly Murs says shots WERE fired in Black Friday terror scare ‘cover-up’
TOP OF THE CROPS
Lauren Goodger accused of photoshopping AGAIN as she posts lingerie selfie
RETURN FOR THE WORZE!
Mackenzie Crook lands lead role in BBC reboot of Worzel Gummidge
revenge porn probe
Katie Price looks glum as she heads to police station for questioning
Amy Childs reveals she’s pregnant a year after giving birth to daughter Polly
JEZZA’S CAR SOS
Jeremy Clarkson forced to wait for RAC after his car broke down in London
In April last year, the 50-year-old was horrified when her dress burst open live on air.
Kate was in the middle of a segment about the Queen’s 91st birthday when her mustard yellow lace dress popped open.
She said: “Has the Queen ever lost the button off the back of her dress during an important moment like I did just then?”
As she spoke she kept tugging at the neckline of her dress near her shoulder making sure it didn’t slip down and reveal too much.
She added: “I must apologise for hoicking my dress up like I did just there but it’s burst, it has burst.”
As co-host Ben Shephard looked behind Kate, he confirmed it had “popped open” and revealed the rogue button to viewers.
After the break, Ben and showbiz correspondent Michael Underwood asked for an update on the clothing situation, and Kate revealed she had been fixed back into place.
She said: “I’m lashed in, I’m strapped back in, don’t look too hard it’s all taped to my back.”
Got a story? email [email protected] or call us direct on 02077824220.
We pay for videos too. Click here to upload yours.
- Why Kate Garraway is absent from Good Morning Britain today as fans air concern
- Kate Garraway wears pink ASOS dress ITV’s Good Morning Britain
- Kate Garraway wears velvet Whistles dress on ITV’s Good Morning Britain
- Kate Garraway leaves Good Morning Britain stars in hysterics as she praises her milkman Mick for ‘offering extras’
- Kate Garraway wishes husband Derek’s mum a happy 80th birthday on Good Morning Britain after forgetting to call her
- Piers Morgan says women are swooning over him after revealing unshaven new look as he makes Good Morning Britain return
- Susanna Reid left in tears following Piers Morgan's Good Morning Britain exit
- Where will Piers Morgan go next after quitting Good Morning Britain over apology?
- Good Morning Britain loses another 100,000 viewers as ratings drop 40% since Piers Morgan quit
- Piers Morgan fumes over ‘unprofessional’ Good Morning Britain staff – before admitting he forgot to wear earpiece
- Kate Garraway PICTURED after two-week absence from Good Morning Britain
- Kate Garraway's burgundy suit delights Good Morning Britain
- Kate Garraway gives sad update on husband Derek Draper as she returns to Good Morning Britain
- Good Morning Britain's Kate Garraway stars in powerful campaign alongside Sharon Osbourne and Myleene Klass
- Good Morning Britain: Charlotte Hawkins' Marks and Spencer midi dress is bound to be a sell out
- Good Morning Britain: Charlotte Hawkins' ultra-chic Marks and Spencer dress is selling out fast
- Charlotte Hawkins surprises in very summery mini dress on Good Morning Britain
- Alex Beresford breaks silence on Piers Morgan's exit from Good Morning Britain
- Good Morning Britain's Charlotte Hawkins majorly channels Kate Middleton in dotty L.K. Bennett dress
- Good Morning Britain’s Ben Shephard red-faced after Susanna Reid unearths clip of him pole dancing with Dannii Minogue
Kate Garraway left mortified as she presents Good Morning Britain with a roller still in her hair have 764 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at April 9, 2018. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.