Jake Quickenden and Danielle Fogarty have called off their engagement.
The Dancing On Ice champion has split from his fiancée just seven months after popping the question.
The former X Factor and I’m A Celeb contestant, 29, gushed about her on TV just last month as he invited his fellow DOI stars to the big day.
So what went wrong? And how did they even meet in the first place?
Here’s their love story…
How did they meet?
Jake and Danielle met after he took part in I’m A Celebrity with her dad, Carl ‘Foggy’ Fogarty.
He struck up a close friendship with the motorcycling champion, who he finished in second place to on the reality show.
After leaving the Jungle, Jake met marketing executive Danielle and the pair hit it off.
When did they get engaged?
After dating for two years, Jake popped the question on his 29th birthday, back in September last year.
And he admitted at the time that he was so overcome with emotion that he was lost for words when he got down on one knee.
Jake told Hello! magazine: “I had a whole speech prepared, but as soon as I opened the ring box I was blubbing and I couldn’t speak.
“I didn’t even ask Danielle to marry me, but luckily she said ‘Yes’ when she saw the ring – and then she started crying too.”
Jake popped the question on his birthday, September 3, at his favourite wine bar in Ribchester, near Preston, and their families were in on the secret.
Manchester Evening News)
He added: “From the moment we met, I knew I’d propose one day and I chose to do it on my birthday because I knew I could get away with being a bit sneaky.”
Jake even asked Carl for his daughter’s hand in marriage before planning his proposal.
When and why did they split up?
It’s emerged that it was Jake’s success on DOI that led to his relationship breakdown, as he was spending so much time away from Danielle thanks to the live tour.
And his public exposure on the show has led to a flurry of job offers – including the opportunity to join The Dreamboys strip group, where he’ll be getting his kit off on a nightly basis in front of screaming fans.
“He’s been touring the country with Kem on the show’s tour and getting a lot of female attention, which hasn’t been easy for Danielle,” a source told the Sun.
“Things aren’t going to get any easier on that front either. It’s caused a lot of friction and they’ve both decided to take a breather.”
They decided to split while on holiday together in Rome.
The insider seemed to suggest their split may not be permanent, although the wedding is off “for now”.
Awkwardly, the pair were supposed to be posing at their shared home for a glossy magazine shoot yesterday to talk about their lavish wedding plans, but told photographers to leave.
- Inside Jake Quickenden’s first family holiday with baby son Leo at £250-a-night posh hotel in Ibiza
- Dancing On Ice’s biggest break-ups as Amy Tinkler splits from boyfriend Max Cinnamon on the show
- Still heartbroken over Chay-Sam split, fans celebrate couple's 4th wedding anniversary
- Vogue Williams admits Pippa Middleton is 'quite private' after she was 'banned from her wedding'
- After 32 days of searching, the last Surfside victim has been identified. These are their stories
- We Wanted to Split Up. OkCupid Had Other Ideas.
- Married At First Sight UK 2021 – Fans’ shock as Morag and Luke SPLIT weeks after reunion just like Marilyse and Franky
- Married at First Sight UK – Fans in SHOCK as 3 couples already split off-screen as two reveal secret ‘relationship’
- Love Island’s Camilla Thurlow and Jamie Jewitt are now married
- Cardi B confirms split from husband Offset just months after welcoming daughter Kulture
- MAFS Australia fans brand Rebecca ‘Australia’s version of Morag’ as she turns her nose up at groom Jake
- Daniel Craig's enthusiasm makes for an energetic, enjoyable SNL
- Ex In The City line-up revealed as FIVE former Love Islanders, ex-Big Brother housemate and Drag Race star sign up
- Carla Gugino Has a Ghost Story to Tell
- UK’s most married man – who’s had eight wives – to make film about his love life
- Corrie stars' real life romances - bitter splits, adorable babies and tragic endings
- Married At First Sight UK 2021 – Fans open-mouthed as Luke reveals secret ‘relationship’ with Marilyse after Morag split
- Taylor Swift shocks guests at Lena Dunham’s secret London wedding
- Rebecca and Jake Married At First Sight Australia: Are Rebecca and Jake still together?
- MAFS Australia fans outraged at ‘mean girl’ Rebecca and call her a ‘bully’ as she continues to berate husband Jake
Jake Quickenden and Danielle Fogarty's whirlwind love story as they call off their wedding in shock split have 889 words, post on www.mirror.co.uk at April 18, 2018. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.