Updated at 2:45 p.m. ET
Updated at 2:45 p.m. ET
Sebastian Vettel will need no extra motivation to bounce back from the disappointment of finishing eighth after being shunted by Max Verstappen in China last time out.
But a significant milestone awaits the German in Azerbaijan if he can return to winning ways around the streets of Baku.
This race has developed a reputation for being unpredictable in its two years on the calendar, with Sergio Perez and Lance Stroll among those to grace the podium.
Mercedes, meanwhile, is desperately seeking its first win of the season and the Silver Arrows have a good record in qualifying for this race.
Here we look at some of the best Opta facts ahead of the Azerbaijan Grand Prix.
— Formula 1 (@F1) April 23, 2018
3 – This will be the third F1 race in Baku but only the second as the Azerbaijan Grand Prix (2016 was the European GP), the youngest race on the current F1 calendar.
2 – Mercedes had had a driver on the pole in the last two races in Baku: Nico Rosberg in 2016 and Lewis Hamilton in 2017.
1 – No driver has been on the podium twice across the last two races in Baku: Nico Rosberg, Sebastian Vettel, Sergio Pérez, Daniel Ricciardo, Valtteri Bottas and Lance Stroll all managing it once.
2 – Baku is one of two F1 tracks, alongside New Delhi, where Lewis Hamilton has never reached the podium in his career.
18 – Both Mercedes drivers have finished their last 18 races in a row, the best current streak without a retirement for any F1 team.
28 – Lewis Hamilton is the first driver in F1 history to collect points in 28 races in a row.
50 – If Vettel wins this race he would become the fourth driver to win 50 F1 races after Hamilton, Michael Schumacher and Alain Prost.
17 – No F1 driver progressed more positions on aggregate from the starting grid in the three opening 2018 F1 races than Fernando Alonso (17): Australia (5), Bahrain (6) and China (6).
- One-on-One with Sebastian Vettel
- Sebastian Vettel wins India GP
- Mark Webber miss Sebastian Vettel?
- Biographical info on Sebastian Vettel
- Sebastian Vettel fastest at European GP practice
- Vettel writes Red Bull into F1 history
- Vettel wins record 15th pole
- Vettel wins pole for Austin race
- Column: Can Formula One get any better than 2012?
- Vettel is taking over F1 title race
- Vettel on track for more F1 glory
- Hamilton trying to catch Vettel
- Massa upset with notion he could take Vettel out
- Vettel takes pole at Abu Dhabi GP
- Vettel wins F1 Japanese GP, edging teammate Webber
- Vettel edges Webber in Malaysia
- Column: Vettel aside, tires are star F1 performer
- Formula One drivers on even pace early
- Vettel gets pole position in Italy
- Red Bull’s Vettel wins Indian GP
Formula 1: Sebastian Vettel closing in on milestone have 470 words, post on www.sportingnews.com at April 25, 2018. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.