Greek Defense Minister Panos Kammenos on Thursday expressed his condolences for the loss of the pilot of a Greek mirage that crashed off Skyros earlier in the day though the man’s death was yet to be confirmed officially by the Hellenic Air Force. “A Greek pilot in the pantheon of heroes,” Kammenos wrote on his Twitter account, noting that the airman fell “while fighting to defend our national sovereignty and our territorial integrity.” “The country bows before him in mourning,” Kammenos added, sending his condolences for the pilot’s relatives. The Mirage went down off the coast of Skyros shortly after noon on returning from a mission to intercept Turkish fighter jets in the eastern Aegean, source said.
- Defense Minister pays tribute to Thai King
- Newly appointed Defense Minister pays tribute to former senior leaders
- Defense Minister pays tribute to martyrs at Quang Tri Citdel
- Chinese Defense Minister pays a friendship official visit to Vietnam
- Defense Minister pays pre-Tet visit to military factory
- Deputy Defense Minister pays New Year visit to Nam Dinh province
- Prime Minister pays tribute to President Ho Chi Minh
- Deputy Prime Minister pays tribute to superior Buddhist monk Thich Chon Thien
- Prime Minister pays tribute to martyrs in Quang Tri
- Defense minister pays official visit to Laos, attends ADMM-10
Defense Minister pays tribute to Mirage pilot have 213 words, post on www.ekathimerini.com at April 12, 2018. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.