AgencyMumbai: A Mumbai court today cancelled a bailable arrest warrant against Bollywood star Salman Khan in the 2002 hit and run case, in which the Maharashtra government’s appeal against his acquittal is pending before the Supreme Court.
In February this year, he had approached the apex court seeking discharge of his surety given by his former publicist Reshma Shetty, stating that he wanted to replace it with the surety of his bodyguard Shera alias Gurmeet Singh Jolly.
The top court, which is hearing the appeal filed against his acquittal in the case by the state government, had allowed his plea on February 23. He was asked to comply with the process.
The sessions court had issued two notices to Khan this year – once on March 5, which was received by his father, and another one on March 16.
In December 2015, the Bombay High Court acquitted Khan of all criminal charges for lack of substantial evidence. He was acquitted seven months after the sessions court held him guilty.
The actor was accused of running his car over some persons sleeping on the pavement in suburban Bandra in 2002. One person died in the mishap. The trial court had awarded him a five-year jail term.
A court in Jodhpur had on April 5 sentenced the actor to five years in jail for killing a black buck in 1998.
On April 7, Khan walked out of the Jodhpur jail, where he spent two nights, after a sessions court here granted him bail in the case.
- Bennington Rep Has an Outstanding Arrest Warrant in Illinois
- Vermont judge improperly issued arrest warrants for debts
- Appeals court vacates prison sentence of hit-and-run driver who killed Euclid girl, sends case back to judge
- Attorney and former WLW-AM 700 host wants arrest warrant revoked
- Arrest warrants issued in fatal Westport hit-and-run
- Mexico issues arrest warrants for ex-Pemex boss, relatives
- Hayneville man arrested after woman hit, choked
- Woman arrested on suspicion of running brothel in San Bruno
- Man accused of hitting, running over SAPD officer’s bicycle
- Fatal Evans hit-and-run case from 2013 re-examined
- Police ID vehicle sought in hit-run
- Suspect in Oakland hit-run that left boy, mother dead, arrested
- Arrest warrant issued in Roseville hit-and-run death
- 'Just a tragic accident’: Driver arrested in fatal hit-and-run didn’t know he hit anyone, lawyer says
- El Paso County man arrested in child 'porch pirate' case
- Arrest in decades-old murder case stuns Wisconsin town
- Charlestown teen arrested after Reading hit-and-run crash
- Court ruling forces administration to hit pause on offshore drilling
- Arrest warrant issued for hit-and-run driver
- Dug hole, but no pool leads to company owner's arrest
Court cancels arrest warrant against Salman in hit-and-run case have 408 words, post on www.deccanherald.com at April 22, 2018. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.