A confident House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) predicted on Tuesday that Democrats will take back the House and immediately push for amnesty for so-called Dreamers and more gun-control legislation.
“When we win and we take over in January, some of the issues that will come up soon are some of the issues that we are asking the Speaker to do right now,” she said at a Georgetown University event.
Pelosi then said Democrats are set to push “gun-violence legislation and background-checks legislation” in addition to “legislation on the Dreamers.”
“Certainly that will be among the things we will do right away,” she continued.
Pelosi also suggested that Democrats would “revisit” President Donald Trump’s tax cuts and push an infrastructure bill to “build the infrastructure of America—housing, schools, bridges, water.”
She also spoke about building the country’s “human infrastructure,” including education and health care for young people and pension security for their families.
She said Democrats will run on “fairness and justice” and tell voters that Republicans in Congress have been there longer than President Donald Trump and are worse on issues left-wing activists care about like gun control, climate change, and amnesty.
If Democrats do take back the House, Pelosi will not be a shoo-in to become Speaker again. After Democrat Conor Lamb’s victory in a Pennsylvania special election, numerous Democrats across the country have distanced themselves from Pelosi, with many top left-wing candidates even in her home state refusing to go on the record to voice their support for Pelosi.
Pelosi, though, is relying on her fundraising ability and political vote-counting skills to regain her Speakership if Democrats take back the House in November.
- Pelosi: Dems need to unite around 'boldest common denominator'
- Pelosi guarantees Democrats will hold House in 2020
- John Lewis is endorsement every Dem candidate wants
- Dems may be in charge of state Senate but same-sex marriage on back burner
- Gov. Paterson's political future is on life support - Dems
- LeBron James, Cavaliers take 3-2 series lead over Bulls with 106-101 win
- DEM LIONESS LEADS CHARGE
- WORKING PEOPLE MUST HOLD DEMS' FEET TO THE FIRE
- Dems need an answer on the border
- Pelosi's petty politics
- THE RISE OF THE MOMMY PARTY. Pelosi's at the helm, Hillary's in the wings and - for now - Bush is in the doghouse
- GOP SWEPT OUT IN ANGER . DEMS TAKE OVER THE HOUSE . IRAQ, SCANDALS DRIVE VOTERS. SENATE BATTLE A NAIL-BITER
- DEMS TURN TO THE HOME FRONT
- MSNBC: Dems Can Exploit Military Deaths to Slam Trump’s Emergency Declaration
- Bill de Blasio teams up with Rudy Giuliani in push to grant mayor full control over New York City school system
- Democratic-controlled House passes Obama's historic health care reform bill with 219-212 vote
- Monday's Best Deals: Samsung's Best TVs, YETI Hopper, Nerf Guns, and More
- Dem victory is part of the Bush legacy
- Ex-Dem Party Boss Jose Rivera slams governor for criticizing party
- Why your Kentucky Derby horse can win, or not
Confident Pelosi: Dems Ready to Push Amnesty, Gun Control ‘When We Win’ in Nov have 477 words, post on www.breitbart.com at April 24, 2018. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.