ISLAMABAD : Chief Justice of Pakistan Justice Mian Saqib Nisar on Monday asked the Election Commission of Pakistan to clarify the reason behind banning recruitments in government institutions. During a hearing on the case, the chief justice questioned the ECP secretary, who was present in the court, on the law under which they banned recruitments by public institutions. The chief justice asked if the ECP’s decision will be implemented on important institutions as well, where appointments of heads were under way. To this, the ECP secretary said the responsibility for fair elections falls with them under Elections Act, 2017, which is why they were taking measures to ensure the purpose is fulfilled. The chief justice then asked with such a decision will affect government functions. He also spoke about the reason behind taking suo motu on the decision, saying he took the step in a move to ensure general elections are held on time. Chief Justice of Pakistan (CJP) Mian Saqib Nisar has directed to conduct upcoming general elections on time. Chief Justice further asked whether this decision will affect government affairs and also ordered high courts to resolve these matters as early as possible. The commission should explain its… Read full this story
- General Election 2019 TV debates: When are the BBC, Sky and ITV debates?
- Can Myanmar ensure free and fair general elections?
- The general election bursts into life in dueling American dreams
- DC protesters stage 'wake-up call' outside home of postmaster general
- Official: Get Missouri mail-in votes in week before election
- New reports on the 2019 election show Labour's conflicts aren't over
- Uganda: Political fever spikes as election nears
- With slower mail and election concerns, Trump's postmaster general is in the hot seat
- EC to frame guidelines for elections amid COVID-19 situation within three days
- The Plot Against America: The GOP’s Plan to Suppress the Vote and Sabotage the Election
CJP Nisar directs to conduct general elections on time have 304 words, post on www.inp.net.pk at April 23, 2018. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.