IT’S been a while since Catherine Tate appeared on television as chavvy teenager Lauren, but that doesn’t stop it following her around.
The comedian appeared on Good Morning Britain this morning and was faced with an extremely awkward situation.
Catherine had to suffer the indignity of a “shambles” of an interview, according to viewers, as GMB host Kate Garraway tried to do an impression of Lauren.
At first Catherine was just left confused when she was asked about her upcoming 50th birthday, that’s more than a month away.
But then it all became a little bit cringe, according to viewers.
As Kate tried to do the “Am I bothered?” catch-phrase, to almost no success, Catherine looked distinctly unimpressed and joked she wanted to leave the studio.
Kate tried to lighten the mood by saying: “She does look bothered by my terrible impression.”
Co-host Charlotte Hawkins asked her: “We heard Kate’s impression earlier, how did you rate that?”
Unfortunately, Catherine’s answer wasn’t music to Kate’s ears.
She joked: “To be honest, it hurt my ears. I’m joking!”
MOST READ IN TV & SHOWBIZ
EastEnders fans sickened as Hunter makes Phil watch him take Louise’s virginity
Corrie fans sob as David self-harms and screams in agony as rapist Josh gloats
SOAP STAR TO SQUALOR
Former Emmerdale star forced to live in ‘rat-infested council house’
Inside Phil Schofield’s luxurious Maldives holiday with his glam daughters
WILL SMILE FOR SHOTS
Danniella Westbrook ‘offers fans selfies in return for FREE drinks’
STAR’S CANCER FIGHT
Airline’s Katrina reveals she’s had cancer 7 times & lost 7 organs
But she insisted she loved it when people talked to her about her characters.
She said: “The nicest thing that people can say to me is, ‘I know someone like that’.
“Everyone knows a teenager and everyone knows an old swearing lady.”
Got a story? email [email protected] or call us direct on 02077824220.
We pay for videos too. Click here to upload yours.
- Golden Globes 2020: Kate Beckinsale and ex husband Len Wiseman attend same afterparty at The Bungalows... (but she leaves without him)
- Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Jessica Biel, Elisabeth Moss and Kiernan Shipka suffer fashion faux pas in garish outfits as the WORST dressed hit the Critics' Choice Awards red carpet
- Critics' Choice Awards 2020: Phoebe Waller-Bridge looks elegant in black gown alongside glamorous Kate Beckinsale as they lead the British stars on the red carpet
- Critics' Choice Awards: Michelle Williams leads the list of winning no-shows with Brad Pitt and Sam Mendes as they fail to pick up gongs in person
- Through the cut-price keyhole: Noel Gallagher, Mary Berry and Rod Stewart are among celebrities SLASHING millions off the sale price of their mansions as UK suffers worst housing slump for 20 years
- Giving up booze, swearing off marriage and turning 50 as a single mother to three teens...SUSANNA REID give a glorious taste of what's to come as the Daily Mail's new columnist
- Love Island ratings DROP by 800,000 as less viewers tune in for first winter series launch show
- Diana leans on circle of friends
- Critic's Notebook: Terry Jones, Monty Python's Most Modest Member, Combined Schoolboy Mischief With Scholarly Depth
- Taylor Swift doc among movies headed to 2020 Sundance Film Festival
- 1000 novels everyone must read: Love (part two)
- SAG Awards: Leonardo DiCaprio and Margot Robbie share sweet hugs with Once Upon a Time in Hollywood co-star Julia Butters, 10, as they reunite at ceremony
- Renee Zellweger, 50, reveals she wanted to be a journalist before she pursued acting: 'I went to University Of Texas to write'
- The Unsettled, Unsettling Oscars
- 2019 Sundance lineup includes films from Shia LaBeouf, Chiwetel Ejiofor
- Critics' Choice Awards 2020: Saoirse Ronan looks fabulous in florals as she joins her Little Women co-star Florence Pugh on the red carpet
- 'Bad boy' past of Pamela Anderson's new husband Jon Peters revealed: Movie mogul who once dated Barbra Streisand was accused of 'sexual harassment at least five times' during career
- Labour MPs savage Jeremy Corbyn and his 'economically illiterate' policies in fiery Commons meeting and tell him every day he stays harms the party more - before Tony Blair says party needs 'not just a new driver but a new bus'
- How TV-am created a legion of stars: After Ulrika Jonsson reprised her weather girl role, FEMAIL reveals the VERY different paths its presenters have taken - from prime time stardom to selling jewellery on QVC
- Super Bowl 2020: Patrick Mahomes doesn't have Tom Brady's comeback stats, but his history should terrify 49ers
Catherine Tate cringes as Kate Garraway suffers epic fail with ‘am I bovvered’ impression have 754 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at April 5, 2018. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.