Bollywood stars have joined the massive wave of protest that has swept India after an eight-year-old Muslim girl was raped and killed by Hindu fundamentalists. A number of police officers are among those accused of kidnapping, gang raping and murdering schoolgirl Asifa Bano in the Kathua district of Jammu and Kashmir. The youngster’s mutilated body was found a week after she was abducted. Asifa was said to have been targeted for the brutal attack by a gang trying to drive away the group of Muslim nomadic herders to which she belonged. As demonstrations continued across India overnight, Bollywood actress Priyanka Chopra, who is a Hindu and a close friend of Meghan Markle, asked her 22 million followers on Twitter: ‘How many more children like baby Asifa will be sacrificed at the intersect of religion & politics? Bollywood stars have joined the massive wave of protest that has swept India after eight-year-old Muslim girl Asifa Bano was raped and killed by Hindu fundamentalist Bollywood actress Priyanka Chopra, who is a Hindu and a close friend of Meghan Markle, has voiced her outrage over the killing ‘How many more children will have to suffer unimaginable crimes before we wake up? ‘I’m disgusted. It’s time… Read full this story
- India Continues to Protest against Telangana Vet's Rape-Murder, DCW Chief's Hunger Strike from Today
- India's problem with rape: Do women feel safe?
- Kajol: Good thing that people are at least talking about rape now
- Good Thing That People are At-least Talking About Rape Now, Says Kajol
- Japanese man gets life in prison for rape and murder of Vietnamese girl
- Babies Tiger Shroff, Sonam Kapoor and Ranbir Kapoor star with their fathers in this 90s video. Can you spot them?
- Bank employee arrested for sexually assaulting 14-year-old girl
- Indians are right to protest against rape, but the fight must start at home
- How a child rape revealed the problems facing modern India
- 'Question your sons' says Indian PM Modi amid ongoing rape outrage
Bollywood stars join chorus of outrage over rape and murder of girl, 8 have 323 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at April 13, 2018. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.