Bollywood actor Salman Khan, who was granted bail in the blackbuck poaching case, has now filed a petition before Jodhpur District and Sessions Court seeking permission to visit four countries.
Salman was sentenced to five years in prison after being convicted of killing two blackbucks in Jodhpur during the shooting of his movie ‘Hum Saath Saath Hain’ in 1998. The actor spent two nights in Jodhpur Jail but was later granted bail by the Jodhpur court on two bail bonds of Rs 25,000 each.
The judge asked the actor to appear before the court after a month on May 7 when it will hear his plea for suspension of sentence. While granting the bail, the court ordered Salman to seek permission from the court to travel abroad. Meanwhile, the Bishnoi community, which reveres the blackbuck, has decided to move the Rajasthan High Court challenging the bail granted to Khan, according to Ram Niwas, the secretary of the Bishnoi Tiger Force.
(with inputs from ANI)
- FBI to help crack hard disk seized in Elgar Parishad case
- Charge sheet filed in connection with death of 23-yr-old Unnao rape victim who was set ablaze
- Govt rejects Maryam's plea seeking permission to travel abroad
- Malavika’s Mumbaistan: Auspicious Beginnings
- The Saudi Government’s Global Campaign to Silence Its Critics
- Pakistan’s prison politics: Who was in and who was out in 2019?
- This song promoting Muslim-Christian harmony in Pakistan is breaking the Internet
- What were the top business stories of 2019?
- Cabinet to decide Maryam’s request today, LHC told
- The year of bails: city courts make history with exuberant ‘acts of mercy’
- Pak govt seeks stay on Supreme Court's ruling on Army chief Bajwa's extension
- Last resort: Story behind delayed court challenge
- Dowry harassment: panel advises police to arrest accused
- How Princess Reema Is Opening Doors For Women In Saudi Arabia
- HC rejects plea claiming telecom services illegally stopped during Delhi protests
- An insider blew the lid off Rs 6,500 crore PMC Bank scam
- Ideological conflict takes centre stage at Aligarh Muslim University
- Pak spinner Danish Kaneria seeks 'powerful' BCCI's help to get his ban lifted
- From Surgical strike to Modi returns 2019 was a super busy year
Blackbuck poaching case: Salman Khan files petition to visit abroad have 343 words, post on www.dnaindia.com at April 17, 2018. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.