With studies showcasing that diseases in our bodies are caused by unhealthy eating habits, many health and fitness gurus are choosing to eat “clean,” which predominantly consists of plant-based dieting. Founders Claude Tellis and Kareem Cook took note of this and launched VeganSmart, a company that develops and sells plant-based protein powders and shakes, to increase the awareness of the benefits of a plant-based diet. Like most small businesses, they began selling their product online and locally. As the company began to grow, the two founders decided that working with distribution giant Amazon, was an efficient way of getting their product in front of the masses. After being advised by their peers to shy away from the retail giant, the founders took a different approach. “As a business owner you have to be forward thinking in order to ensure your company’s success,” said Tellis. “When other small businesses were avoiding Amazon we knew working with them would allow us to reach wider customer base and attract potential retailers.” (Image: VeganSmart) Tellis and Cook have been focused on the mission of bringing Whole Foods Market quality products to an underserved customer for years. “It’s not fair that my mom from the… Read full this story
- Chicago-Based, Black-Owned Trash Company Sues City, Claiming Discrimination
- Gift Black: These Black-Owned Headwear Brands Have Got You Covered
- SheaMoisture and Being Black-Owned: Is That Enough?
- Black-Owned Food Trucks Give New Meaning to Meals on Wheels
- 30 Percent of Black-Owned Businesses in NYC Vanished Between 2007 and 2012: Report
- The heat is on for fans of publicly owned energy companies
- #MoveYourMoney: Over 8,000 Transfer Money to Black-Owned Atlanta Bank, More Following Suit
- 1 Year After #BankBlack, America’s Biggest Black-Owned Bank Still Doing the Work
- Black-owned banks are disappearing at an alarming rate
- The co-founder of America's largest black-owned bank says racism is rampant in finance
Black-Owned Vegan Company Uses Amazon to Grow their Business have 309 words, post on www.blackenterprise.com at April 24, 2018. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.