By MATT STEVENS and LOUIS LUCERO II At least 14 people were killed Friday evening when a tractor-trailer collided with a bus carrying the Humboldt Broncos junior hockey league team to a playoff game in Saskatchewan, the Canadian authorities said. At least 14 others were injured, three in critical condition, the Royal Canadian Mounted Police told CNN partner CTV. The accident happened about 5 p.m. on a highway about 18 miles north of Tisdale, Saskatchewan, the police said. Players for the Broncos range in age from 16 to 21, according to the team’s roster. The team had been scheduled to play the Nipawin Hawks on Friday night. The Humboldt Broncos released a statement: “While en route to Nipawin, the Broncos bus was involved in a terrible accident which has resulted in multiple fatalities and serious injuries.” Broncos President, Kevin Garinger said: “Our thoughts and prayers are extended to the families of our staff and athletes as well as to all who have been impacted by this horrible tragedy. Our Broncos family is in shock as we try to come to grips with our incredible loss.” In a Facebook post, Scott Moe, the premier of Saskatchewan, said his province was grieving…. Read full this story
- Hantavirus spread by RATS kills man on bus after he catches disease in China
- The Overwatch League Expands With Six New Teams
- Champions League final: Bayern Munich v Chelsea – as it happened
- Two Chinese female ice hockey players test positive for COVID-19 after returning home from U.S.
- Exclusive: Iranian diplomats instigated killing of dissident in Istanbul, Turkish officials say
- March Madness without fans? NCAA considers empty arenas for basketball tournaments amid coronavirus fears as college teams cancel trips to hotspot Seattle and NHL bans work trips overseas for league employees
- Roundtable: Best NHL teams to not win Stanley Cup
- David Carle had to quit playing hockey. But two DU mentors turned him into a great Pioneer
- Almost Everyone Is Taking The Coronavirus Seriously. Apart From The Country Where Even The Soccer League Hasn’t Been Suspended.
- NINE die in string of domestic killings as Britain enters second week of quarantine: Whole family of four are found dead in Sussex home, husband is charged with killing wife, NHS nurse is stabbed to death and three die in murder-suicide
At least 14 killed as semi collides with bus carrying a Canadian Junior Hockey League team have 371 words, post on buffalonews.com at April 7, 2018. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.