These days WordPress has gone far beyond the perception that it’s just a blogging tool. Helped along by the fact it now powers 30% of websites, WordPress has become a default digital publishing tool for major media companies, including Facebook, CNN, USA Today, Time Inc, eBay, Sony, Spotify and Microsoft.For these organizations, according to Forbes, WordPress is the “promised land – a standard, easy-to-use, multimedia-friendly platform – after a decade of lurching through clunky, expensive, jerry-rigged content management systems.”As employees at these companies and other enterprises using WordPress become more accustomed to its ease of use and want to adopt the CMS more widely in their organizations, the next battle begins – using WordPress as an enterprise content management (ECM) solution.ECM is a space already dominated by big players such as Atlassian’s Confluence, Xerox’s DocuShare and Seismic. While WordPress provides the capabilities needed to function as an ECM system, if it is to be taken seriously as a player in this industry there are challenges around perceptions that it needs to overcome, particularly when it comes to security and support.So is WordPress suitable for enterprise content management? Let’s take a closer look.WordPress for Enterprise Content Management?We’ve established that enterprise companies are… Read full this story
- Jelastic Released Enterprise WordPress Hosting Package with Auto-Scaling and High Availability
- What's With New Blogging Platforms Like Medium? Should I Use One?
- Bright Computing Releases 9.0 Version of Bright Cluster Manager for HPC, Cloud, and Data Science at SC19
- AI enterprise software startup, Sorcero, expands its leadership team and product expertise
- M-Files Recognized in Gartner's 2019 Critical Capabilities for Content Services Platforms Report
- To turn the versatile bamboo into your cash cow, go large-scale
- IBM And Apple Enterprise Partnership Reaches 100 App Goal
- 5 Habits I Had To Abandon As CEO As My Startup Scaled
- Serenova Acquires Workforce Management Technology from Loxysoft
- Spotify acquires true crime studio Parcast to expand its original podcast content
WordPress at Scale: Using WordPress as an Enterprise Content Management System have 316 words, post on pagely.com at March 7, 2018. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.