Two package bombs left outside homes in Austin, Texas, exploded on Monday, killing a teenager and injuring two women in attacks that police linked to a deadly blast earlier this month. The latest bombings came as the Texas capital hosted its annual South by Southwest music, technology and film festival downtown. The victims in all three cases were African-American or Hispanic, and police said they were examining the attacks as possible hate crimes. In each of the three attacks, a cardboard package was left at the front of a private residence and exploded after an unwitting victim picked it up or tried to open it, Austin Police Chief Brian Manley told reporters. The packages that exploded on Monday were not delivered by any mainstream commercial shipping services, such as Federal Express or United Parcel Service, Manley said. “We are looking at these incidents as being related,” Manley said, adding that federal investigators had joined the search for suspects and a possible motive. “We cannot rule out that hate crime is at the core of this, but we are not saying that that is the cause,” Manley told a news conference. He warned residents to watch out for boxes left outside… Read full this story
- REVEALED: Last picture of Instagram influencer, 26, before she was found dead on side of Texas road - as her friends insist she 'had no demons' despite husband's claims she was 'stressed and unhappy'
- Police Investigating Deadly Shooting In North Sacramento
- White Supremacist Group Linked To Mosque Bombing Planned Violent Revolution Against Government
- Pakistan police arrest 5 Taliban terrorists, claim to thwart attack
- Women linked with anarchist group charged with terrorist attack on train tracks north of Seattle
- Kenyan police officer injured, 1 missing in al-Shabab attack in border region
- Silicon Valley Exodus: Oracle Moves Headquarters To Texas, Latest To Relocate During COVID-19 Pandemic
- EXCLUSIVE: Australian capital cities and embassies are prime targets for terror attacks as report into alleged SAS war crimes acts as a red rag to a bull for jihadi recruiters
- Chilling CCTV of Manchester terrorist Salman Abedi shopping at Screwfix for bomb parts
- Dissident republican is jailed for minimum of 22 years for killing off-duty prison officer, 52, who died 11 days after bomb exploded under his van in Belfast
Police link two deadly package bombs in Austin, Texas, to earlier attack have 371 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at March 12, 2018. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.