TAKE Pokémon Go’s augmented reality (AR) graphics and location-based gameplay and add in a hefty dose of dinosaurs.
Voila! You’ve got yourself the new Jurassic World Alive mobile game.
The iOS and Android title arrives this Spring, ahead of the release of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom, the latest instalment in the billion-dollar dino franchise.
The set-up will feel familiar to anyone that’s drowned a few hours (or days, weeks, or months) into Pokémon Go.
You have to track down DNA samples of dinosaurs using the in-game map, which can then be turned into hybrid species in a lab.
Those genetically-enhanced beasts can then take on other dinosaurs in a player-vs-player arena.
You play as a member of a dino protection taskforce, which sounds contrary to the objective of pitting the captured beasts against one another in duels.
Gameplay screenshots show two forms of in-game currency, meaning real cash for in-game items may be on the cards, much to the annoyance of parents everywhere.
Those itching to play, can sign up to receive a release notification on the Google Play Store or iOS App Store.
With it, you’ll be alerted the moment the game is available to download.
Most read in tech
Huge 4K LG telly price-slashed to £380 – just in time for the World Cup
Amazon WARNING to parents over ‘worrying’ smart speaker that talks to your kids
CORE OF THE PROBLEM?
Apple engineer says pressure to design iPhone is reason I’m divorced
Amazon Prime 20% price increase ‘likely’ for Brits… but how much will it be?
Man hit with £45,000 fine for sharing Sky Sports livestreams online
MUSIC TO OUR EARS
Sky Q now offers Spotify so you can listen to music on your TV for free
Meanwhile, Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom, the follow-up to the blockbuster reboot Jurassic World, will invade cinemas on 11 June.
More AR games are also in the works, including Harry Potter: Wizards Unite (from the makers of Pokémon Go) and Ghostbusters World.
- After 'peak iPhone', Apple is on the hunt for new ways to take our money
- 'Netflix-style' gaming is the latest way Apple wants to take your money
- Major Dundee games studio to axe 30 staff
- Pokémon Go creator Niantic raises $190m in new funding round as game continues to flourish
- Nintendo 'could shift away from home consoles' as new President looks to increase mobile revenue
- Local gaming development studio Amber announces collaborations with Epic Games, Roblox and NBC Universal
- Filthy, feckless feral British family causing mayhem in New Zealand are branded the country’s worst tourists ever
- Does cloud gaming mean game over for the home console?
- The BIG PS4, Xbox and Nintendo Switch Games to look out for in 2019
- New claim over little Spider-Man boy who vanished into thin air 4 years ago
New Jurassic World Alive mobile game is like Pokémon Go with dinosaurs have 502 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at March 6, 2018. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.