Steven Spielberg returns to his adventure roots for Ready Player One, in which a group of young gamers embark on a journey to win ownership of a virtual universe called the Oasis. The legendary director – and the exciting cast he assembled – tell Georgia Humphreys more about the high-tech film. It’s 2045, and the world is a scary place.There’s widespread unemployment, the population is beset by poverty and people feel utterly hopeless.But gamers are able to escape, by becoming their own personal avatars and entering an infinite digital universe called Oasis, where they can be whatever they choose to be.At least, that’s the future as imagined by US author Ernest Cline in his best-seller Ready Player One, which has now been turned into an action adventure film by none other than Steven Spielberg.”All you need is an imagination, and that will take you far in the Oasis,” explains the director, who has been at the helm of such blockbusters as ET, Jaws and Jurassic Park.”But when you escape from reality, you’re also, in a way, divesting yourself of any real human contact. So, the story is entertaining, but there is also a bit of a social commentary.”Here, we find… Read full this story
- Steven Spielberg told Eli Roth to scare the shit out of kids with
- Steven Spielberg is actually working on both
- Ansel Elgort to meet a girl called Maria in Steven Spielberg's
- Lena Dunham writing Syrian refugee story for Steven Spielberg and J.J. Abrams, which should go over well
- New Hellboy movie trailer debuts and more details revealed
- Super 8: Top secret J.J. Abrams-Steven Spielberg project revealed in trailer before 'Iron Man 2'
- 'Bridge of Spies' trailer shows Tom Hanks and director Steven Spielberg mobilized for different kind of war
- Steven Spielberg to direct sci-fi film ‘Ready Player One’ for Warner Bros.
- Steven Spielberg and Harrison Ford talk about Indiana Jones
- Steven Spielberg to direct remake of 'Harvey,' about man who befriends 6-foot invisible rabbit
Movies AND TRAILER: Steven Spielberg on Ready Player One have 337 words, post on www.newsletter.co.uk at March 29, 2018. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.