Meghan Markle and Prince Harry’s wedding invite has revealed the royal wedding dress code [Getty]
But what has become apparent is exactly what the royal couple’s famed and fortuned guests will be wearing come May 19.
Kensington Palace teased pictures of Meghan Markle and Prince Harry’s wedding invitations on their Instagram page [Instagram/Kensington Palace/Getty ]
Meghan Markle and Prince Harry will wed in May 2018, with the royal wedding expected to attract thousands of wellwishers [Getty]
Pictures of the royal wedding invitation reveal the men are required to wear “morning suit or lounge suit”.
The ladies meanwhile will wear a “day dress with hat”.
But what does that actually mean?
Etiquette website Debretts details: “Morning dress is also known as ‘ formal day dress’. The jacket is always referred to as a ‘morning coat’.
“Morning dress is traditional for men at weddings, formal memorial services, some official functions and formal daytime events in the presence of The Queen and some Season locations, such as the Royal Enclosure at Ascot.”
Both Prince William and Prince Harry wore their military uniform for the royal wedding in 2011 [Getty]
They add that morning dress shouldn’t be worn at an event that starts after 6pm.
Primark shoppers are obsessing over the high street shop’s new Disney flip flops
Prince Harry QUITS smoking to try for a baby and get Meghan Markle pregnant Meghan Markle pregnant odds: Prince Harry engaged but could make baby announcement soon
According to the site, this is a term only used on invites, and in conversation you would refer to this style of suit as business.
It requires: “This dress code is used for occasions with various degrees of formality and means a suit worn with a shirt and tie.
Prince Harry is often seen in a lounge or business suit [Getty]
“Lounge suits are worn for most business events, both daytime and evening, and for many social events, such as lunches, receptions, dinner, weddings, christenings and funerals.”
As for women’s day dress and hat, it wouldn’t be far off what we see the likes of Kate Middleton wear.
Knee length and formal is what’s expected, with a hat to add extra formality to the look.
Guest can take inspiration from Kate Middleton’s wardrobe come the royal wedding [Getty]
The royal wedding will take place in Windsor Castle on May 19, 2018.
- Meghan Markle's outfits cost eye-watering £700k - more than any other European royal
- TOM BOWER: Prince Charles has shown great warmth and generosity to Meghan Markle, now it's vital he does the same for his sensitive son Harry
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle told to ‘stop whining, there is a pandemic’ by her father Thomas
- Meghan Markle has an 'unofficial mentor' and 'ally' within the Royal family
- Covid-conscious couple ask guests to their wedding using PPE masks as invites but people just mistake them for tampons
- Princess Beatrice made ‘last minute’ decision to borrow Queen’s gown after having ‘change of heart’ about wedding dress
- Tell-all Harry and Meghan biography 'will plunge relations with the Royal Family to new low' as Palace insiders fear the couple 'will use the book to settle scores'
- Princess Eugenie shares cute snaps from Beatrice's secret wedding and sweet joke
- Body language expert reveals Meghan is a ‘leader’ and ‘scene stealer’ around Kate
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle set to return to London for Brooklyn Beckham's wedding?
Meghan Markle and Prince Harry's royal wedding dress code explained as wedding invites revealed have 809 words, post on www.ok.co.uk at March 22, 2018. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.