What We Know So Far People across the US and around the world held mass demonstrations Saturday to protest gun violence in the wake of a spate of school shootings. The event was called the March for Our Lives. The main event, in Washington, DC, was inspired by the teen leaders of the Never Again movement, who survived the school shooting in Parkland, Florida on Feb. 14. Yet amid this groundswell, it seems like there is little to no political will to change any gun laws in the US. A spending bill passed Friday includes funding for some modest gun control measures, such as incentivizing states to contribute to the federal background check registry, and allows the CDC to research gun violence. But nothing else is on the table. Trump arrived at his Florida golf course as the US marches began. One demonstration passed near his Mar-a-Lago resort, forcing the president’s motorcade to change its route. BuzzFeed News reported from marches in Washington, DC, London, New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Austin, Houston, Phoenix, Helena, Montana, and Parkland, Florida. These are some of the most moving moments from the rallies. Updates Posted at Mar. 25, 2018, at 03:49 AM Hundreds of… Read full this story
- Richards: Utah Students Take a Stand Against Gun Violence
- Student protest sparks debate on Confederate flag: 'My only regret is that I didn’t moonwalk on it'
- Emma González's Stunning Silence for Parkland: The Latest on March for Our Lives
- Kenya: Valley of Death, Destruction and Despair Where Guns Sprout and the Bullets Flower
- Students lead the way in marches around U.S., Southern California, in push for stronger gun-control laws
- How a Skeptical High School Teacher Learned to Take Teenagers Seriously
- Stephan House, Draylen Mason, Stephon Clark were terror victims
- Iowa teens inspired by Parkland students organize Capitol rally
- America is ripe for protest in 2018
- Nigerian Hackers Steal Thousands of Dollars From Shipping Firms
Hundreds Of Thousands Turned Out To Protest Gun Violence At The March For Our Lives have 309 words, post on www.buzzfeednews.com at March 24, 2018. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.